Quote Originally Posted by Slammd View Post
+1

The best thing you can do is ride them and make your own decision. As others have stated, you will not get an unbiased view on this forum. Some will make statements about HD without ever riding or owning them. I own both and enjoy them for very different reasons. Each has its pros and cons. Owning and riding a motorcycle is a very personal thing. Exercise your due diligence and the bike will pick you.
To a degree I would agree with you. However, you don't have to own one to ackowledge issues. I ride with a LOT . A LOT of Harley riders. I'm in the CVMA and the VAST majority of bikes are Harley. My main riding partner has been Harley all the way. His brand new 2016 Ultra has been back to the shop on three different issues. One of which was a bad clutch after only 4000 miles. He has had similar issues with his other Harleys and he is by far not alone. Several of my brethern have their bikes in the shop for various reasons other than routine maintenance. I'm not saying anything, but my friend has made more than one comment about switching to a Honda. The last time I was with him at the Harley dealer, the guy told him not to give up on Harley yet. Another friend of mine has his own chopper shop and has been looking at a metric replacement for his ride. He says, I work on them, that's been his reason. So it's not just some biased opinions from a bunch of haters. It might be exagerated some here, but there is a kernal of truth to it.