honda f6b vs harley street glide - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: honda f6b vs harley street glide

I just started working at a HD dealership. I will tell you that the new 107 engine is everything that people think HD isn't. It's smooth. But I ride an F6B for different reasons. I'm getting older and the F6B weight is all low to the ground. HD V Twins carry their weight high. Don't judge HD like it was 20 years ago. All motorcycle companies progress with time and so had HD. I won't be selling my F6B but there might be a Softail Slim in my future.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

There's no comparison. I get more comments on my F6B than I ever got on any of my Harley's. I like it better due to its smoothness and far more powerful engine. I still own my Harley and ride it on occasion. It's been reliable and never leaked oil. It's just lame as hell compared to the B. Harley is good at fooling customers by creating an illusion like screaming eagle.

I owned a HD Fatboy before the F6B. I loved the Fatboy and it never leaked oil in the 5 years or 27000 miles I owned it. I did all my own maintenance so it was not that expensive to maintain.

But I would not own a HD as my only bike it would have to be a second bike as a toy.

Once you ride the F6B you fall in love with the power, handling, and you can hear your stereo. I read about a guy who put over 500000 miles with minimal maintenance on a Goldwing.

If you have enough money to buy a new harley buy a new or slighlty used F6B $13000.00 and get an older used HD for around $13000.00 and have both. The Harley is a great bike to blast around on a Saturday afternoon and get an ice cream cone or a beer but I would not like to ride it very far. Too hot, loud etc....

Just my opinion / I will buy another Fatboy to have as a toy someday.
    Steve

HD vs F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    I'm blessed to also own a 10 Streetglide. It's got motor work that seldom gets out run.
    My 6 and Glide are 2 different animals.
    Most enjoyable difference is, I have to "ride" the HD, where as the 6 is almost on rails.
    I have no puddles on the floor, no crazy maintenance costs. And yes, it's worth more than my 6 as far as today's value or trade in worth.
    It has been on several 3000 mile hits aND is fun to run around with.
    I don't own the two to downgrade one or the other.

Ride what you want and forget the attitude bs.
    Jim
    I thought this post was right on. For me I enjoy both of them, but they are indeed two totally different animals. As others have suggested you really just need to ride both of them and decide which one fits you best. IMHO... if you are looking to stay under 20K go for the F6B and be done with it. You will get a great motorcycle with Honda reliability, performance and quality that you can ride for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    There's no comparison. I get more comments on my F6B than I ever got on any of my Harley's. I like it better due to its smoothness and far more powerful engine. I still own my Harley and ride it on occasion. It's been reliable and never leaked oil. It's just lame as hell compared to the B. Harley is good at fooling customers by creating an illusion like screaming eagle.
    I also get more comments on the f6b than I do my road glide ,I think this is because the f6b is relatively new and fresh and you don't see too many of them,where as harleys are like a-holes everybody has one and you just get sick of looking at them after awhile because where ever you go there is always a sea of them,still love both my harleys but my f6b is a long awaited breath of fresh air for sure.

I was a diehard Harley guy for nearly 20 years until I had health issues, a double fusion in my lower back. I sold the Harleys and was reserved to the fact that I would never ride again. Last year I got the itch. Could have bought any Harley I wanted, but I figured I would take a major hit if I had to sell it the next year. The I saw an insurance commercial, Progressive or Gieco don't remember, and there was a Black F6B. I didn't know what make it was so I did some interweb searching and found out it was a stripped down Honda Goldwing. I then found this forum and all the info came to me, including how you could buy a new leftover at 30% off list. So if I could not ride anymore I wouldn't take as big of a hit as I would on the Harley. I love Harleys I waited 2 years to get my first one remember those days. It was something special to have a Harley in the 90's, now everyone has one. I would go back to Harley if they had a true water cooled engine. Now the VROD has been discontinued and there goes the chance of a Porche designed water cooled engine in a bagger. I can now ride all day with no fatigue, even my wife thinks the F6B is more comfortable than the Harley. I never thought in this universe that I would ever buy a Goldwing, we'll look at me now. I am very happy with my purchase and screw what the pirates think.

Quote Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
    well guys i live in sw florida, i would love to meet up with someone
    If you are in Lehigh, call up to Haps Cycle in Sarasota. Great dealer and David has always let me test ride anything I want. I would be very surprised if they wouldn't let you test an F6B. I'm up in Tampa, but I go there for everything. Perhaps this will give you the opportunity to test ride one because, as Will says, you need to make your own comparison. 941-365-3443.

Or, ride to another dealer that will let you try one out. You really have to try it. I tried one and then bought it the same day, coming from a v-twin. Kawasaki Vulcan 1700. No comparison, in my mind.

I have owned both --- still do

My biggest problem coming from the V Twin world to the F6B is that on the F6B 85mph feels like 50 and for about the first year I was certain a ticket was in my future.

My best description is that it is the closest thing to an electric motorcycle feel. The throttle/torque curve is the most linear machine I have ever driven--car or bike. It starts off pulling strong and does not give up! It looks big and bulky, but that is just the looks. It does not handle that way at all---acceleration and braking are world class--never had a Harley that could touch it. The VRod was close--very close. The bike is stealth like--very very quiet.

I have owned Harley and Victory and both are fine machines. My Harleys include Ultra Classic, Heritage, Fatboy, Road King, VRod and Sporster. I currently have an 06 Street Bob. In all of my HDs I never had the service issues I hear people talk about. The exception is the early McNelli Moretti EFI---I did replace a stator while on a weekend tour. There is the 5K service with HD that costs about $350 for a 5,000 mile ride. The Honda has a ton of Honda auto DNA which makes it about as close as maintenance free as any bike out there.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I was a diehard Harley guy for nearly 20 years until I had health issues, a double fusion in my lower back. I sold the Harleys and was reserved to the fact that I would never ride again. Last year I got the itch. Could have bought any Harley I wanted, but I figured I would take a major hit if I had to sell it the next year. The I saw an insurance commercial, Progressive or Gieco don't remember, and there was a Black F6B. I didn't know what make it was so I did some interweb searching and found out it was a stripped down Honda Goldwing. I then found this forum and all the info came to me, including how you could buy a new leftover at 30% off list. So if I could not ride anymore I wouldn't take as big of a hit as I would on the Harley. I love Harleys I waited 2 years to get my first one remember those days. It was something special to have a Harley in the 90's, now everyone has one. I would go back to Harley if they had a true water cooled engine. Now the VROD has been discontinued and there goes the chance of a Porche designed water cooled engine in a bagger. I can now ride all day with no fatigue, even my wife thinks the F6B is more comfortable than the Harley. I never thought in this universe that I would ever buy a Goldwing, we'll look at me now. I am very happy with my purchase and screw what the pirates think.
    OMG.

Greg, I had the exact same experience! I also was introduced to the F6B by a GEICO commercial (which they don't run anymore). I wondered what that good-looking was and found it online...was surprised it was a stripped down Gold Wing. The rest of your steps I followed as well, including the 30% off.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6