Bike wash question - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bike wash question

I use a shop vac, well actually it's a Kolbalt wet dry vac. I no longer use it for vacuuming. I only use the discharge air and the hose to blow off the excess water. Works really well.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    The leaf blower will sandblast the paint! I have a special air dryer just for that job and it works great on the bike and the autos,... no spots and no water hiding!
    A leaf blower is only blowing air. There is no media being injected like a true sand blaster. A leaf blower is perfectly fine as compared to your specialized blower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Sometimes

I live on a dirt road so there are times when wet that the bike gets to much dirt on it to just wipe off with water or a cleaner.

I will gently hose down the bike while using a soft cloth to gently dislodge any debris that might scratch the paint. After it's rinsed and dried I use a microfiber cloth and a "between waxes" type cleaner to buff the finish and remove any water spots.

Aside from the occasional needed washing, I usually just use the between waxes, cleaner.

Bike Wash

I hose it down, scrub it with soap and water, then give it a quickey blow job with the air compressor. Finish it off with a wipe down using a white cotton towel (I acquire from the hotels I stay at) and some quick shine. What's all this about "micro fiber" towels anyway. If they were really micro fiber you wouldn't be able to see them with your naked eye. Easiest bike I've ever cleaned in my life. Like washing a really small car.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HBWinger View Post
    I hose it down, scrub it with soap and water, then give it a quickey blow job with the air compressor. Finish it off with a wipe down using a white cotton towel (I acquire from the hotels I stay at) and some quick shine. What's all this about "micro fiber" towels anyway. If they were really micro fiber you wouldn't be able to see them with your naked eye. Easiest bike I've ever cleaned in my life. Like washing a really small car.
    Basicaly the same here, only I use a dedicated for 'bike dying only' leaf blower to dry

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I sometimes get caught in the rain. I sometimes wash my bike with soap and water. That's what I do. YMMV cueman
    I use my gas powered leaf blower to dry my bike. Of course not at full blast and up close. As far as water goes..........when I get caught in down pours as well as many others, it's worse than any garden hose could even come close to. It even says use water on page 176 in the owners manual. So it's a bucket and hose pipe for me, and no i don't directly soak the electronics. But in a rain storm

Robert RTaz Tasior

I use a small pressure washer to wash, gas blow dryer so you have no water spots. Most gas yard blowers will have a small filter to keep sand and grit out. Bikes are driven 80--90 in the rain for hours, water and wind doesn't hurt it or cars either. Car washes have high powered water and high power blowers at the end. A GL is covered with so much plastics that you get very little inside anyway. Still had multiple scratches and finally re-painted since Honda would not admit there faulty finish.

$37.00 electric one from Lowes. Just fine on all my vechicles.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.