NJ's "Roar to the Shore"

Thread: NJ's "Roar to the Shore"

NJ's "Roar to the Shore"

Is anybody going to Wildwood this weekend? The hurricane should be gone and the weather looks great!

Reasons for going: Nice boardwalk with boardwalk food.
    There is also a great restaurant on the bay about 10 miles south with all the blue claw crabs you can eat for $18.00.

Oh yeah there's some 30 k motorcycles expected, vendors, and other bike things there Sept. 9 - 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Is anybody going to Wildwood this weekend? The hurricane should be gone and the weather looks great!

There is also a great restaurant on the bay about 10 miles south with all the blue claw crabs you can eat for $18.00.

Oh yeah there's some 30 k motorcycles expected, vendors, and other bike things there Sept. 9 - 11.
    Is there any "apple pie"

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Is there any "apple pie"
    In New Jersey? Doubtful... that state is "heavily regulated". I'll not venture a foot into it, if at all possible

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Is there any "apple pie"
    You know I'll be stopping at the, Apple Pie Bakery, for breakfast on the way down and maybe even stopping on the way home for dinner.

You know I'll be stopping at the, Apple Pie Bakery, for breakfast on the way down and maybe even stopping on the way home for dinner.
    I knew there was a ulterior motive for your route! Save some room for Hot Dog Johnny's

If there were no food stops along the way there'd be no reason to leave home!!!

I ride for pie! Especially for apple pie. $2.95 for a hot dog and a piece of home made pie @ the APB. I think I'll hear angels singing in the morning.
    Then all I can eat Blue Claw crabs during the prime season for full shelled crabs.

You know I'm not going all the way down there to look at bikes!! That would be silly, I already own the best bike made! But I may buy a trinket or two.

It's also a nice ride down there. You still do remember what it's like to ride don't you.

Being a retired bum who has learned his lesson on avoiding work is good! Come along and try it!!

If there were no food stops along the way there'd be no reason to leave home!!!

I ride for pie! Especially for apple pie. $2.95 for a hot dog and a piece of home made pie @ the APB. I think I'll hear angels singing in the morning.
    Then all I can eat Blue Claw crabs during the prime season for full shelled crabs.

You know I'm not going all the way down there to look at bikes!! That would be silly, I already own the best bike made! But I may buy a trinket or two.

It's also a nice ride down there. You still do remember what it's like to ride don't you.

Being a retired bum who has learned his lesson on avoiding work is good! Come along and try it!!
    I'll have to pass! Was in the Hospital ER for severe leg pain! Just happen to have a DVT ( Deep Vein Thrombosis ) The Ultrasound Tech said the blockage looked like a "wedged shape piece of pie" They have me on a blood thinner and recommended no long periods of sitting. The bike riding, other than short trips, is out for the time being

Real sorry to hear that! Now that they got you on the pill I guess you can't thin your blood with alcoholic beverages like I do. If I can be of any help in any way you have my number!
    Bob

Real sorry to hear that! Now that they got you on the pill I guess you can't thin your blood with alcoholic beverages like I do. If I can be of any help in any way you have my number!
    Bob
    Thanks Bob! I deeply appreciate the offer! I'm on my feet and not bed ridden which is a plus! Hope you enjoy your trip to N.J.

Ride Safe

bob109

Wish we could, but it will have to wait until after the rally in Russellville. Have our annual "pilgrimage" to the Philly area set for early Oct which will include a day for "going down the shore" to Ocean City for Manco & Manco (used to be "Mack & Manco") thin slice pizza and some Schriver's salt water taffy. Grew up in Philly suburbs and Ocean City was a regular weekend destination in the summer. There is one place near where I live that has thin crust "East Coast" pizza; can't stand the 2"+ thick stuff that passes for Pizza in the Chicago area.

Hope you have a great time.