Quote Originally Posted by rdeady View Post
I did purchase the 11 inch madstad and now im trying the 13 inch. I cant seem to get even the 13 inch to get all the air over my head. Funny that the site suggests a 5'10" rider would use an 11". Because I'm that height and I see easily over the 13" adjusted fully up, no problem. And to be honest I am just not not totally happy with the wind the 13" is blocking at 70 MPH even all the way up. My last option is the 15" but I am seriously considering sending it all back and getting the large F4 +4. I dont want to look through but I am just not 100% happy with the wind protection the madstad is providing. Also have the 17" honda tall which actually blocks more to the face but gets nasty vacuum and buffeting. The 13" madstad gets me what i need if i lean down and scoot up behind it but when i lean back and relax its a lot of wind. At 40 to 50 mph the madstad is a gem but i want more protection at hwy speeds.

Keep in mind that sometimes a lower setting will actually move more air farther up over your head due to the tunnel effect of the outer shield working with the inner shield. If you have the shield up high there is less of a tunnel between the two shields. A taller shield set low will be better than a shorter shield set high.

Also an angle too far forward will give less lift and more disturbed air. That is why Madstad suggests (I think it was) 60 deg.