What type of Mount to mount a Samsung Note 5
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What type of Mount to mount a Samsung Note 5

What type of Mount to mount a Samsung Note 5

What type of Mount do I need to mount a Samsung Note 5 to the left handle bar. I also need to extend the 1/8" or 3.5 mm plug, so I need a female / male extension cord, where can I buy one 18 " long.

Fire and explosion proof ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vondawg View Post
    Fire and explosion proof ?
    That's the Note 7 that explodes, I have the 5, no problems as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    What type of Mount do I need to mount a Samsung Note 5 to the left handle bar. I also need to extend the 1/8" or 3.5 mm plug, so I need a female / male extension cord, where can I buy one 18 " long.
    I have this set-up

Attachment 23254

I modified the grip arms on one side slightly, so I was able to slide in my Note 4, with the defender otterbox case.
    In the picture, you can see one side of the arms are taller. Gave me the wider grip I needed.

Attachment 23255

And for the ear phone plug extender, I went to Radio Shack. I also bought 2 , 90 degree adapter, to get the extension down the back side of the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    I have this set-up

Attachment 23254

I modified the grip arms on one side slightly, so I was able to slide in my Note 4, with the defender otterbox case.
    In the picture, you can see one side of the arms are taller. Gave me the wider grip I needed.

Attachment 23255

And for the ear phone plug extender, I went to Radio Shack. I also bought 2 , 90 degree adapter, to get the extension down the back side of the phone.
    I have the otter box defender on mine also, how did you modify the grip arms to be able to slide it in with the case on.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I have the otter box defender on mine also, how did you modify the grip arms to be able to slide it in with the case on.
    The rubber grips pull right off, then I just straightened both arms and re-bend em. The arms that you squeeze to open up the X-grip

The outer box case is just a little large for the regular size x-grip.

A larger x-grip is available, but its way to big, and this modification is so minamal.

You can see, I have the extension wire, with the 2, 90 degree adapters at the top, and have the power wire at the bottom. These wires are ran up the handlebar, from the left cubby.

When these wires are not in use, I have them secured to the underside or the handlebar with a double sided Valero strip, wrapped around the wires and the clutch fluid hose.

Attachment 23263

This is how mine is set up. Note 4 in an Otterbox Defender case. It is in an I-Bolt mount. I have a charging cable routed through the fairing. Mine can play via Bluetooth so no need for the 3.5 mm jack

Attachment 23264

Attachment 23265
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    I have this set-up

Attachment 23254

Attachment 23255

I had one of these RAM mounts and took it off. If you buy one, make sure you use the rubber band setup to secure your phone. I had a Iphone6 pop out of the spring and rubber arms and hit a concrete barrier in a construction zone last month at 60 mph. The other issue I had was the rubber feet would press on the buttons making the phone do weird things. I took it off completely.

This is the dock I use.
    https://www.amazon.com/iBOLT-xProDoc...ords=Ibolt+doc

You can just buy the dock clamp thing and I believe it would mount to one of the various other ball type mounting systems. Not positive. I have one in my work truck and one on my F6B. It holds the phone VERY securely . In fact, it is a 2 handed process to put your phone in the dock and remove it from the dock.

https://www.amazon.com/iBOLT-3362347...ords=Ibolt+doc
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

After trying the X-mount, I didn't think it was secure enough and then tried the finger grip mount from ram RAM-HOL-UN4U and have been very pleased with it. Another issue I had with the X-mount, using it with the samsung phones is that the phone would slide down in the mount and the holders on the X-mount would either turn the volume down on the phone or turn it off. Since the finger mount has a finger on the bottom, it doesn't allow the phone to slide down and you can adjust the side fingers so they don't touch the buttons on the side of the phone. As seen in the picture I have added a SSD (safety securing device) aka rubber band even though it is very secure without it.