Flight 93 Memorial

Thread: Flight 93 Memorial

Flight 93 Memorial

Last weekend my buddy and I took a ride out to the Flight 93 memorial in Shanksville, Pa. It was about a three hour ride for us and no doubt the best ride so far this year. Not because of the roads or twisties to get there but the destination itself. I highly recommend anyone who rides to put this on your list of things to see. There where a lot of bikes there that day. We spent a couple hours there checking out the visiting center, memorial wall, and the crash site which is marked by a big boulder in the field. Phase three of the memorial is to be done by 2018 which is a bell tower with a bell for each passenger on the flight and each one having a different pitch to it. What a roller coaster of emotions. If you don't leave there with a heavy heart and blurry eyes, you might not be human. Here are some pics of the visiting center, the wall, and the boulder marking the crash site.

Was there in June during Inzane. Once is enough. Glad I went, but once is enough. Stirred me up pretty well and brought out some really anxiety and anger. Caught me a little off guard. Certain things can be a trigger, wasn't expecting that.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Was there in June during Inzane. Once is enough. Glad I went, but once is enough. Stirred me up pretty well and brought out some really anxiety and anger. Caught me a little off guard. Certain things can be a trigger, wasn't expecting that.
    I can understand that.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Great post Rudy. I whole heartedly agree with you. I've been there twice and plan to go see the new additions this fall.