PA Mts. Fall color ride Oct 9.

Thread: PA Mts. Fall color ride Oct 9.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The local forecast is for a cold front to pass through the area on Saturday producing rain then clearing Sat. night. Sunday is supposed to be cloudy and cool 62 degrees with breezy condition. Defiantly ride-able on a 6 but not definitely dry. I would suggest we all tune into this channel tomorrow for a definitely on or off.
    What's happening to the east in the land of the tea party maybe questionable!

Took a nice ride yesterday to get my honey for the year, it was sunny and 75 degrees. There is some color but still some green and the leaves really haven't started to fall yet. So no worries about slippery wet leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    The local forecast is for a cold front to pass through the area on Saturday producing rain then clearing Sat. night. Sunday is supposed to be cloudy and cool 62 degrees with breezy condition. Defiantly ride-able on a 6 but not definitely dry. I would suggest we all tune into this channel tomorrow for a definitely on or off.
    What's happening to the east in the land of the tea party maybe questionable!

Took a nice ride yesterday to get my honey for the year, it was sunny and 75 degrees. There is some color but still some green and the leaves really haven't started to fall yet. So no worries about slippery wet leaves.
    Watching closely...still a possible ride...hate to have a slight shower, then it clears for the day. I might ride through it. Just need to see the intensity.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Hey Bob, is the Honey farm included in the ride?? I picked up a couple mason jars and would like to get some..

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Hey Bob, is the Honey farm included in the ride?? I picked up a couple mason jars and would like to get some..
    That's why I made the run on Thursday. I called them Monday to check on their schedule and found out they are closed on Sundays. Seems you can't keep them down on the farm on Sundays

Now I'm forced to re plan the route. Yesterday I took a ride to check on the condition of a river road that runs along the Lacawacksen river. It's a real scenic road running about 10 miles along a raging river bordered by 100 foot pines with very little or no traffic. The road was very ruff but the scenery with golden colors was worth the bumps and bruises. At least to me.

How do you all feel about riding slowly and carefully on a badly broken road??

Are there any specific things or places you want to see. Or are you just interested in a back mountain ride through the hills and farm country?

What about eats??? Where too?

Thanks to the hurricane, looks like I'm out on this one. Rain bands are moving in from the south and it's going to rain all day here. I'm not going to be into riding in heavy rain at night after a long day....have a great time! Not happy...probably the last ride of the season out there.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I woke up this morning with a nasty head cold, if I still feel like this later today I will have to back out. Sneezing inside a Helmet really sucks !!!
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Hey Bob, How far is the Honey farm for you? If I bring down my jars would you be able to get them filled and I could ride down sometime and grab them from you? I'll see what she says, maybe find someplace around me.

Of course, if I recall her preferences correctly, this might require a new gender switch ad campaign:
    Attachment 24113
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Of course, if I recall her preferences correctly, this might require a new gender switch ad campaign:
    Attachment 24113
    I wish I got one with the fluted barrel...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537