PA Mts. Fall color ride Oct 9. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PA Mts. Fall color ride Oct 9.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'm not worried about the cold...if you old guys are riding, I'm riding.

Rain, well, that changes things...nothing worse than cold rain!
    Yes there is extra cold rain. I think they call it hail! There ain't no pitter patter there it's all ouch, ouch, ouch

OK, They changed the weather forecast this morning, Mat's not coming up the north east coast now. It's supposedly blowing out to sea in NC. but there is still some chance of rain on Saturday and clearing on Sunday.
    What are your thoughts. The colors will be peeking this weekend and next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    OK, They changed the weather forecast this morning, Mat's not coming up the north east coast now. It's supposedly blowing out to sea in NC. but there is still some chance of rain on Saturday and clearing on Sunday.
    What are your thoughts. The colors will be peeking this weekend and next.

So far this Sunday still looks good for me.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Just thought I would throw it out there to see if there's any interest in putting together an October ride through the Pocono mountains during what should be the height of the fall colors. If so I'll start working on a route, schedule, and menu.
    Lets see now it only took 3 months to pull off the spring ride. We already have our first hints of color so the window of opportunity is limited to either the 9 or 16 of October. Then too you all know I don't ride in the rain.
    That's just what I was looking for this month. The 9th weekend is a no, babysitting the g-Babies this weekend. I would love one the 19th through that weekend - I'd be IN on that ride.

I'm hanging in as a go...weather rules. We can meet in Beacon again like old times. 9ish

Is a 10:00 am meet time ok at the Meeting Center?
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

As long as its not raining when I leave I am in. If the 10 o'clock at Matamoras rest stop works, I will be at the gas station ( Beacon) at exit 11 around 8:30. Looking forward to a nice easy cruise day.

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    As long as its not raining when I leave I am in. If the 10 o'clock at Matamoras rest stop works, I will be at the gas station ( Beacon) at exit 11 around 8:30. Looking forward to a nice easy cruise day.
    I can be there for 9 or so Jeff. Will have to leave here around 5:30. I think your 3 hours, if I recall. I just saw rain for late Sat , early Sunday though. That could affect me. Hoping not. Want to ride with you guys again.

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    That all sounds good to me. see ya at Exit 11
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

The local forecast is for a cold front to pass through the area on Saturday producing rain then clearing Sat. night. Sunday is supposed to be cloudy and cool 62 degrees with breezy condition. Defiantly ride-able on a 6 but not definitely dry. I would suggest we all tune into this channel tomorrow for a definitely on or off.
    What's happening to the east in the land of the tea party maybe questionable!

Took a nice ride yesterday to get my honey for the year, it was sunny and 75 degrees. There is some color but still some green and the leaves really haven't started to fall yet. So no worries about slippery wet leaves.

The local forecast is for a cold front to pass through the area on Saturday producing rain then clearing Sat. night. Sunday is supposed to be cloudy and cool 62 degrees with breezy condition. Defiantly ride-able on a 6 but not definitely dry. I would suggest we all tune into this channel tomorrow for a definitely on or off.
    What's happening to the east in the land of the tea party maybe questionable!

Took a nice ride yesterday to get my honey for the year, it was sunny and 75 degrees. There is some color but still some green and the leaves really haven't started to fall yet. So no worries about slippery wet leaves.
    Watching closely...still a possible ride...hate to have a slight shower, then it clears for the day. I might ride through it. Just need to see the intensity.