PA Mts. Fall color ride Oct 9. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PA Mts. Fall color ride Oct 9.

Hey Bob, is the Honey farm included in the ride?? I picked up a couple mason jars and would like to get some..

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Hey Bob, is the Honey farm included in the ride?? I picked up a couple mason jars and would like to get some..
    That's why I made the run on Thursday. I called them Monday to check on their schedule and found out they are closed on Sundays. Seems you can't keep them down on the farm on Sundays

Now I'm forced to re plan the route. Yesterday I took a ride to check on the condition of a river road that runs along the Lacawacksen river. It's a real scenic road running about 10 miles along a raging river bordered by 100 foot pines with very little or no traffic. The road was very ruff but the scenery with golden colors was worth the bumps and bruises. At least to me.

How do you all feel about riding slowly and carefully on a badly broken road??

Are there any specific things or places you want to see. Or are you just interested in a back mountain ride through the hills and farm country?

What about eats??? Where too?

Thanks to the hurricane, looks like I'm out on this one. Rain bands are moving in from the south and it's going to rain all day here. I'm not going to be into riding in heavy rain at night after a long day....have a great time! Not happy...probably the last ride of the season out there.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I woke up this morning with a nasty head cold, if I still feel like this later today I will have to back out. Sneezing inside a Helmet really sucks !!!
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Hey Bob, How far is the Honey farm for you? If I bring down my jars would you be able to get them filled and I could ride down sometime and grab them from you? I'll see what she says, maybe find someplace around me.

Sorry guys I'm out for this ride, I feel like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    Hey Bob, How far is the Honey farm for you? If I bring down my jars would you be able to get them filled and I could ride down sometime and grab them from you? I'll see what she says, maybe find someplace around me.
    Sounds like it's a no go for tomorrow! Feels like deja-vue all over again from the spring time ride

How does next Sunday the 16th sound? The weather forecast for this week is warming back up into the 70's with sunshine. We still haven't gotten a frost yet so it can't be called an Indian summer ride.

It's about a 50 mile ride each way to the honey farm from here but it's mostly beautiful hilly back country roads. If we move the ride to next week you could possibly talk me into making another trip up there this week to fill your order. What size Mason jars do you have and how many?

That works for me, If you can get up there to grab some more honey. I have 3 32oz jars ( quart size ). I will plan on bringing them next week if you make the trip this week.
    Thanks

I'm not free next weekend....have a certain visitor flying in from GA.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I can NOT do the 16th so enjoy the Honey guys.