Do you need to add air every week or so?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you need to add air every week or so?

Do you need to add air every week or so?

I have the t-valves from FOBO installed and I still have to put air in the tires about once a week.
    Do you need to add air once a week or so? When the bike was new I needed to add air once a week or so also.

air up

Well, how much air do you have to add each time you check the tires? And does the front or rear seem to lose more than the other? I run an oem stone on the front, and run it at 41lbs. Seem to add maybe 1 or 2 lbs every 2 weeks. Got a darkside on the rear, and that General G-max , I run at 42, and it seems to be holding air as well as my front.

I rarely have to add air. You have a sleak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

FOBO tire pressure monitoring valves

Interesting...I installed these on my bike, and noted what I thought was a slight leak around the air valve. Prior to that, I could go a month before having to add a few pounds to each tire, but that was about it. I find the FOBO is really sensitive, especially to ambient temperatures. Not sure if it is the transmitters, or the way temperatures affect the tire pressures the way they do. I get about a four or five pound increase in pressures if the temperature is warm and I am on the highway.

I have noted my tire pressures showing a pound low, go to the gas station to buy some beer since it is football season, and drive home I note an increase of a pound + in my tire pressures. It isn't even a mile each way at 30 miles per hour, so I just leave them alone and fill up about once a month to the recommended pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I have the t-valves from FOBO installed and I still have to put air in the tires about once a week.
    Do you need to add air once a week or so? When the bike was new I needed to add air once a week or so also.
    I check pressure before every ride. Unless I've picked up a nail or something in the tire, it doesn't vary all that much at all.
    IF you're adding air every week, I'd suggest getting some soapy water and start looking for a leak, especially around the valve stems.

I have had a leak in 3 back tires / 2 rims and 2 front tires / 2 rims with 5 different valve stems then. The 4 original tires, rims, and valve stems and the 2 t-valve replacements. I bought silver rims as take offs from Honda of Russelville and the original new bike tires and rims. That sounds highly unlikely that all of these parts could be bad.
    Steve

If you have added Fobo T-Stem(s)... you have had to most certainly break down the tire bead(s) to do so.

In doing so, sometimes it does take a while for the tire to completely seal back onto the rim. It happened to me as well when I installed my front T-Stem recently. I have seen this with new tires mounted as well.

Check the Fobo T-stem with soapy water (mine does not bubble, even ever so slightly). Check the air pressure frequently (daily at the same ambient temperature) and ride the bike. More likely than not... the slight loss of air will eventually cease. It did for me

Also take into account that lower ambient air temperature will result in a decrease of your tire pressure. Making you think you may have a leak.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I had the FOBO t-valves installed by the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I had the FOBO t-valves installed by the dealer.
    Are they tight on the rim? Or are they loose (can you wiggle them)? Did you spray them with soapy water to check for leaks?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Rarely

I only have had to add air in extreme temp changes or in the spring after sitting for a few months. - 2015 B Deluxe