Teach - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Teach

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Ya, I kinda wondered why I hadn't seen any post from either of them. Seemed like all was fun and games, unsure what went down. Are they still Forum members?
    jm21ddd15, see you in Rolla ?
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

We will br there choptop. We are leaving sunday afternoon now so maybecwe can join you st uour first stop sunday night then roll to rolla together monday. Where you plan on staying sunday night?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Gota know, was it a North / South thing ?
    It wasn't a north/south thing that caused their absence. Here, I'll clear the air a little and am going to leave it alone after this. Shooter started a thread and it was deleted after "the mods" didn't approve. There's a bit more to that, I saw what happened, but I'm not going there. GaTeach is alive and well and so is shooter. She's riding Maggie Valley next week and so am I. That's the only north/south thing going on.

It's not my business to say any more than that.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Thank you wjduke, no big thing, just realized some people were not posting, I miss them, wish it could be resolved and everybody was happy but hey, I'm happy and that's all that matters, it's all about me...
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Thank you wjduke, no big thing, just realized some people were not posting, I miss them, wish it could be resolved and everybody was happy but hey, I'm happy and that's all that matters, it's all about me...
    They are missed, by many. It's too bad the way things happened.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

The Facts ...

Just the FACTS …..

Being inconsiderate and disrespectful to the simple request of ... please stop HIJACKING an important thread.

Threads will always be Hijacked and the topic may end up going on to another avenue, yet we try to bring the thread back to the OP's topic.

For months (several times) it was politely requested to NOT hijack the Rally thread (It continued to be ignored). This ONE thread is what we use to gauge and prepare for the Rally and allows new members to read about the event. New members having to go through pages of non-rally comments to find the information is not what the thread was for.

Due to the continuous non-rally comments and IGNORED requests, I personally created the "Love Fest" thread and directed those individuals to that thread back in APRIL and temporarily locked the Rally thread hoping that the non-sense would stop and requested those interested on attending the Rally to just send me a PM since they now could not respond stating that they would be attending ---> http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...ight=love+fest

Once I felt that the Rally thread would be left alone, it was unlocked. Well you guessed it, certain individuals returned to the thread and continued their non-sense. Once again, I politely hinted and requested that they stop Hijacking the thread. Shooter took it upon himself of starting a new thread expressing his displeasure and mocking my multiple requests. I finally expressed my frustration, I try to do what is best for the forum however we will never be able to please everyone.

Shooter knew exactly what he was purposely doing and continued to push the limits. After my response to his thread he decided to stop posting, grabbed his ball and went home instead of acknowledging or apologizing for the un-necessary aggravation. Some members followed his foot steps, others took his side and blamed Phantom for being the one at fault for the situation. You can only sugar coat a simple request for so long.

It's a shame, Bryan and I had lots in common.
    I try to help EVERYONE whenever I can wherever I can with the LIMITED time that I have in between my family and business. This forum requires a bit of time to manage, fulfill requests and run behind the scenes by the Moderators, webmaster and myself. It sometimes becomes apparent that a few don't appreciate what we do nor respect the time and resources that we dedicate so that many can enjoy this forum.

The forum has rules and is run in a manner that is best for everyone, some will never agree with our decisions and that's just part of life.

The Rally will be a very nice venue for those that attend, I have always met great people at the event.
    Now you know the rest of the story.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Just the FACTS …..

The Rally will be a very nice venue for those that attend, I have always met great people at the event.
    Thank you. Your efforts for the Forum and the Rally are appreciated, and I look forward to seeing you (and others) again at this year's rally.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Thank you. Your efforts for the Forum and the Rally are appreciated, and I look forward to seeing you (and others) again at this year's rally.
    Bill
    Ditto

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Just the FACTS …..

Being inconsiderate and disrespectful to the simple request of ... please stop HIJACKING an important thread.

Threads will always be Hijacked and the topic may end up going on to another avenue, yet we try to bring the thread back to the OP's topic.

For months (several times) it was politely requested to NOT hijack the Rally thread (It continued to be ignored). This ONE thread is what we use to gauge and prepare for the Rally and allows new members to read about the event. New members having to go through pages of non-rally comments to find the information is not what the thread was for.

Due to the continuous non-rally comments and IGNORED requests, I personally created the "Love Fest" thread and directed those individuals to that thread back in APRIL and temporarily locked the Rally thread hoping that the non-sense would stop and requested those interested on attending the Rally to just send me a PM since they now could not respond stating that they would be attending ---> http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...ight=love+fest

Once I felt that the Rally thread would be left alone, it was unlocked. Well you guessed it, certain individuals returned to the thread and continued their non-sense. Once again, I politely hinted and requested that they stop Hijacking the thread. Shooter took it upon himself of starting a new thread expressing his displeasure and mocking my multiple requests. I finally expressed my frustration, I try to do what is best for the forum however we will never be able to please everyone.

Shooter knew exactly what he was purposely doing and continued to push the limits. After my response to his thread he decided to stop posting, grabbed his ball and went home instead of acknowledging or apologizing for the un-necessary aggravation. Some members followed his foot steps, others took his side and blamed Phantom for being the one at fault for the situation. You can only sugar coat a simple request for so long.

It's a shame, Bryan and I had lots in common.
    I try to help EVERYONE whenever I can wherever I can with the LIMITED time that I have in between my family and business. This forum requires a bit of time to manage, fulfill requests and run behind the scenes by the Moderators, webmaster and myself. It sometimes becomes apparent that a few don't appreciate what we do nor respect the time and resources that we dedicate so that many can enjoy this forum.

The forum has rules and is run in a manner that is best for everyone, some will never agree with our decisions and that's just part of life.

Tony, we never met. I respect what you said here. As far as the bold statement, I thought it was highly out of character, ( I say that not knowing you ), to say what you did, with all the name calling language you used. That's what ticked me off more than anything, and if you look at my response, I said it was uncalled for. The rest is history and I stood behind my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Bill

Me, too.

In my RC Airplane days, autos and trucks and different motorbike forums, I have noticed that there is always going to be a disgruntled member or two--and many times they may have a point. But the fact is we are allowed to play in another person's sandbox and we are guests at their expense and enjoy the "free insight, tech info, and association" (good and bad ) while somebody else pays the bills to keep the lights on. The rules at different forums vary greatly--and yes, I have gotten my share of PMs from mods as not everybody appreciates my sense of humor. And yes it is true that I will challenge the reasoning of some, not because I disagree but because I want to know WHY they think that way. However, this tactic is not always welcomed and has gotten me a nice warning or ten.

In my old age I try to be less confrontational. It is very easy to talk a big game with a keyboard and no eye contact.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]