Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
This is the same article I found and was going to buy the arc amp. The pro audio place said it was a great amp, (specs looked good} and they go for about 300 if you shop around. My tech knew this installer and called him to discuss, they both said that was top of the line five years ago. The bass enhancement is similar to the head unit's build in boost (the off, low, high setting on your tune knob.)

The speakers with an amp is, imho, the best option for a best cost/performance ratio. I mentioned this setup in my original post above, although to be fair the speakers listed are a step down and is not a large cost savings.

The speakers don't require any fitting/ cuts, but you will need a half inch spacer to fit the magnet. I'm sure you would be happy with the setup.
While I see the merits of the Audison Prima, I don't think I will go that far up the food chain. I may move forward with the Arc if that is the best candidate in that price range. Speaker wise, I believe you are indicating the HSK 130 is the route to take. This is all french to me and I absolutely appreciate you sharing you knowledge.