Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Thread: Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Any audio upgrade posts are interesting to me. I'm hoping to upgrade mine over the winter but I haven't decided which route to take. I'm sure I'll revisit and re-read all of these audio threads.
    Keep the info coming.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Hey Robert. eyeballing these. These woofers do have the neodymium magnets. The HSKs , only the tweeters have the neodymium. Sould make fitment a bit easier, but check out that price.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Hey Robert. eyeballing these. These woofers do have the neodymium magnets. The HSKs , only the tweeters have the neodymium. Sould make fitment a bit easier, but check out that price.
    I'll verify - the installer I spoke with stated the mid bass driver was neodymium. I'm surprised to read that..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252533837361 $289 I bought my set from custom sounds for 199, however, they don't have it listed on their website. I'm wondering if it was a one-off or the like.

I do see the same model as a coaxial hcx 130 sells for 239 on Amazon or other outlets for less. I am trying to verify if you can wire the tweeter separately, although even if not, this is likely tbd best speaker for the money if you don't go audison or dsp active two way.

Stay tuned, I am talking with head of sales to find options for lowering the price, such as purchasing drivers only, quantity purchase, etc.

Most the models of speakers I have looked at have Ferrite magnets on the woofers and Neodymium magnets on the tweeters, The picture you showed me of the speakers lined up, sure looked like the woofer had a ferrite magnet. That would be an extremely big magnet if it were a neodymium on that woofer of yours. No matter, you made it work.

I have seen the sets on Ebay for $289. Also have seen people post that there are imposters/fake speakers claiming to be Hertz on there so it might be a gamble as to whether you are truly getting an actual Hertz speaker from one of the Ebay stores. Don't know, just passing along the info. WOuld suck to spend hard earned money for a fake, bargain or not.

Amazon has listings but at higher cost. Thinking that if I were to switch, I might want to try the 6.5" though.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    I'll verify - the installer I spoke with stated the mid bass driver was neodymium. I'm surprised to read that..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252533837361 $289 I bought my set from custom sounds for 199, however, they don't have it listed on their website. I'm wondering if it was a one-off or the like.

I do see the same model as a coaxial hcx 130 sells for 239 on Amazon or other outlets for less. I am trying to verify if you can wire the tweeter separately, although even if not, this is likely tbd best speaker for the money if you don't go audison or dsp active two way.

Stay tuned, I am talking with head of sales to find options for lowering the price, such as purchasing drivers only, quantity purchase, etc.
    Cool. I will be interested to hear what you get done. The hcx 130 can be had for $189.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post

Okay Rob, I'm all in.
    Buy once, cry once. I have serious audio gear for my sound company, why should my bike be any less capable?

Give me the list of ingredients for this recipe and where I can get them from.
    (I don't think I need the 8.9, as the 4.9 should suffice. 70W->130W isn't even a 3dB increase...)
    I'll get them on order and we'll have a project to complete!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Okay Rob, I'm all in. Buy once, cry once.
    Oh, the insanity of it all.....

strange

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    Oh, the insanity of it all.....
    This upgrade is what gave my sanity back..

I want to do this sound upgrade myself; for a winter project while the snow is on the ground and my bike is hibernating out back in the shed. Got a shed heater, beer, tunes and lights to work in... all ready to go... but I echo F6B Pilot's exclamation "Oh, the insanity of it all" ??? Why can't we leave good enough alone?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Okay Rob, I'm all in.
    Buy once, cry once. I have serious audio gear for my sound company, why should my bike be any less capable?

Give me the list of ingredients for this recipe and where I can get them from.
    (I don't think I need the 8.9, as the 4.9 should suffice. 70W->130W isn't even a 3dB increase...)
    I'll get them on order and we'll have a project to complete!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    I'll be honest, if I could spend another $100 to get 2-3dB additional headroom, I would get it, unless you ride slow. The noise floor gets louder depending on your speed. I ran the same setup with just one channel per driver (4 total) and it worked, but there is a noticeable difference bridged. Of course, so many variables: helmet, windshield, environment, earplugs,etc.

It's as much about transients as it is intelligibility.. unless you heavily compress the signal, then you might not notice sections of a song are hard to make out. Also, the "speech intelligibility index" difference of a noise floor at 98dB and the output at 105dB, vs. 98dB at 102dB. Then increase speed 10MPH and, well, you get the point.

-Robert