Audio enhancement perma-grin style - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Audio enhancement perma-grin style

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
    Appreciate the quick replies.
    So, from what I gather it's best to tap the signal from the head unit before the factory amp? I think the head unit it at the rear of the bike? I'll try to wire the amp off of the speaker leads in the fairing first, but going into this thinking it won't give the desired results.

I haven't purchased the Rockford amp yet, so maybe I look at some other compact amplifier options. I've installed some pretty decent systems in cars and even did a system on my prior Street Glide, but I'm finding this Wing is a bit of a different animal. Once I can figure out a clean audio signal from the factory system, I'll be able to figure the rest out of the install. I definitely agree on the wiring upgrade and I'm now thinking either Focal or Hertz speakers (5.25").

Again, not looking for a competition quality system, but something that has crystal clear mids and highs that I can hear at 80mph. I'm sure I'll get the fever later to add rear speakers and maybe a sub in one of the saddlebags. My other main focus is to retain my factory system controls.

Even with this higher end solution, you need some sort of subwoofer before anyone would say damn that sounds amazing. The Hertz speakers with the audison will give you exactly that crystal clear mids and highs you are wanting as long as you don't mind spending the money it takes to get there. Solutions on the other threads will get you a decent sounding system if you want to spend less. Frankly, I would never do anything less than the ARC amp with the Hertz speakers, but that is just my opinion. The Audison, or the less expensive other DSP amps I listed before is WELL worth it IMHO.

I can't get over how so many folks will spend coin on upgraded suspension or exhaust, but won't spend the coin to get a killer sound system. Now, this is coming from someone who has been out of work for a long time. If you can't afford it, that's a whole other discussion, and I am very much in that position now!
    Cheers!

Robert,
    I agree with you. IMHO a great touring motorcycle should have a great sound system and why so many neglect this part is just crazy to me. I'm looking to spend anywhere from $750 to $1000 and with doing the work myself I'm hoping to get a decent start. I wish I was closer to you or Jimmytee because I would gladly pay you to do my install if that were an option. My bike is still clean with only 16 miles on it. It's always more fun doing work on a new bike vs dealing with dirty pieces after a few thousand miles. Unfortunately, my schedule is 50-60 hours a week so I don't get as much time to do the fun stereo stuff.

Thanks again for a great thread here on sound systems.

Best!
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
    Robert,
    I agree with you. IMHO a great touring motorcycle should have a great sound system and why so many neglect this part is just crazy to me. I'm looking to spend anywhere from $750 to $1000 and with doing the work myself I'm hoping to get a decent start. I wish I was closer to you or Jimmytee because I would gladly pay you to do my install if that were an option. My bike is still clean with only 16 miles on it. It's always more fun doing work on a new bike vs dealing with dirty pieces after a few thousand miles. Unfortunately, my schedule is 50-60 hours a week so I don't get as much time to do the fun stereo stuff.

Thanks again for a great thread here on sound systems.

Best!
    Anthony
    Thanks AnthonyGen! Several hundred hours went into getting this sound setup trying different parts/configurations and learning "how to be a mechanic." I've been a professional sound engineer for over thirty years, I've had the pleasure of working on over a hundred different house systems 20,000watt to line array systems in the largest venues in St.Louis, I've had the pleasure of mixing A-list bands/artists such as Blues Traveler, Joan Baez, Beastie Boys and thousands of local/national touring acts. I know sound, have an ear for tuning and doing installs. This was my first mobile audio experience, short of a few car installs when I was a teenager.

If anyone is in St.Louis, MO, or will be in town, let me know and we can meet up to hear for yourself. It is NOT my final result. The subwoofer setup is decent but not as good as it could be. Due to my financial situation, it will have to remain for now.

If anyone is interested in my doing the install, let's talk. I need income badly perhaps we could work something out. Otherwise, if anyone wants help or has questions during their install, send me a PM with their Phone # and let's talk.

cheers!
    -Robert