My B is Offically Iron Butt Certified - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My B is Offically Iron Butt Certified

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    TX I-10 is the perfect place to,do it. I did my first BBG going from Tucson to Junction City TX. That wad on my VTX1800. Had an aux tank on that too. Had a good friend almost same set up do it with me. That can be a good or a bad thing. He was great, others not so much.
    Yep. Once past Houston, one can roll on the miles pretty good. Just east of San Antonio, I'd probably take that 46 by-pass around the north side. West of San Antonio, the speed limit goes up to around 80-85mph or so with wide open road. The F6 could really pour it on out thru there in a hurry. Hit about 750 miles or so, grab a couple of hours of snooze time, an energy bar, then wheel her around back to the east and do it all backwards to the start point.

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Yep. Once past Houston, one can roll on the miles pretty good. Just east of San Antonio, I'd probably take that 46 by-pass around the north side. West of San Antonio, the speed limit goes up to around 80-85mph or so with wide open road. The F6 could really pour it on out thru there in a hurry. Hit about 750 miles or so, grab a couple of hours of snooze time, an energy bar, then wheel her around back to the east and do it all backwards to the start point.
    We just grabbed a hotdogs and coffee. Trying to get to NM before sundown. At the time the TX speed limit dropped after sundown. So we just did gas and go the entire trip.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.