"Affordable" seat replacement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Affordable" seat replacement

"Affordable" seat replacement

Well, I've read through some threads and it seems the Mustang might be the best bang for the buck. My number one gripe on my last one is the same as this one, the seat hurts my rear and causes me some back pain. Doesn't help I have a broken tailbone. I like the look of the Mustang seat, it's not over done like some. I guess it actually has a built in backrest due to you sitting lower on the bike. The passenger portion looks really well designed as well. Appears to have leg depressions, definitely cool, and it works with the OEM backrest. Any others I should consider? Looks to be about $530. With having to buy a new shield, and most likely two new helmets, gotta set some kind of budget.....
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Well, I've read through some threads and it seems the Mustang might be the best bang for the buck. My number one gripe on my last one is the same as this one, the seat hurts my rear and causes me some back pain. Doesn't help I have a broken tailbone. I like the look of the Mustang seat, it's not over done like some. I guess it actually has a built in backrest due to you sitting lower on the bike. The passenger portion looks really well designed as well. Appears to have leg depressions, definitely cool, and it works with the OEM backrest. Any others I should consider? Looks to be about $530. With having to buy a new shield, and most likely two new helmets, gotta set some kind of budget.....
    Mean City Cycles; if funds are a concern. They do good work.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Russel Day-Long Custom seat

I didn't have a back seater, just me riding so I had them just do the drivers seat and build it out of the original seat pan. They want pictures of you on the bike and measurement of leg inseams and height and weight and they build you a very comfortable seat. I was very impressed with the comfort right from the day I put it back on the bike. If I remember right the seat plus shipping it back to me was $654 buck. But that didn't include me shipping it too them.002.jpg

Thanks, I'll check out mean city. A lot of crazy choices there!
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Alternative Affordable Sears

I also had issues with the OEM seat do I tried the Mustang but it was not right for me. Then I tried the Saddleman seat, which I am selling for $350, although it almost worked due to a better cover and more sophisticated padding. After selling the Mustang, I finally had the OEM seat rebuilt by LuiMoto in Vancouver using their "gold" gel padding inside of a custom suede cover. It was still cheaper than the Mustang and works the best, but shipping to Vancouver is expensive.

If you are interested, I can send pic's of these options. Good luck!

2kewlgypsy

+1 on Mean City Cycles

Let them know what you want done, they have done these seats before and mine looks great.
    Lowered one inch, gel added, heated seats and red stitching that matches the paint!
    Quick, and easy, once you find a box to ship off your seat in!
    Much Respect,
    2~kewl, Gypsy MC

That's the problem, I wouldn't have a seat and that would suck. I guess that's a winter time idea. A member has offered me a great deal on a used Mustang seat I'm considering. Problem is, I had to put some $$$ down on the bike (because I wanted to and rolled negative in), so funds are a little tight. I'll try to get an idea of what it would cost for a mean city.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Found another at Laamseats dot com. Looks like he does really nice work too.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Hartco seat for me.

I had the same problem with stock seat, bought a mustang seat with some relief but still sore lower back. Pulled the trigger on Hartco, best investment I've added to the bike, ride all day with ZERO back pain. Little pricey, you get what you pay for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the OEM seat on mine but what I did was buy Beadriders beads and it works out great. I have the black beads sitting on top of a black washcloth on the seat. Feels comfortable and cooler in the hot weather.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.