It figures.......

Thread: It figures.......

It figures.......

The work that was keeping me from attending this years rally did not happen so I find out today that I could have attended. However I still have no bike and no idea as to when i'm getting it back! Dang it, it figures!
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Your bike?

I missed some of your posts, what's happening with your B?

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    I missed some of your posts, what's happening with your B?
    This is the thread where it died on me..... http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...ft-me-stranded
    Dealer is doing the brake recall as well as trying to find the cause of the code 19, So far no luck. They said the code is there but the bike runs now and they can't duplicate the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    This is the thread where it died on me..... http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...ft-me-stranded
    Dealer is doing the brake recall as well as trying to find the cause of the code 19, So far no luck. They said the code is there but the bike runs now and they can't duplicate the problem.
    Apparently the "Ghost of Lucas" lurks in our F6B's as well?

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they still claim "sudden, unexpected darkness"

Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas--inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF.

The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.

Lucas dip-switch positions: LOW and BLOW (Bruce Miller, www.hermit.cc)

The original anti-theft devices--Lucas Electric products.

"I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never experienced any prob...

If Lucas made guns, wars would not start either.

Did you hear about the Lucas powered torpedo? It sank.

It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met too much resistance.

Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night, since they all look the same?" "He replied, it doesn't matter which one you use, nothing happens!"

Back in the '70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which didn't suck.

Quality Assurance phoned and advised the Lucas engineering guy that they had trouble with his design shorting out. So he made the wires longer.

Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas made the refrigerators, too.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone. Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times sunwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant."

Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.

How to make AIDS disappear? Give it a Lucas parts number.

Recently, Lucas won out over Bosch to supply the electrical for the new Volkswagens. So, now the cars from the Black Forest will come with electrics supplied by the Lord of Darkness -- how appropriate!

Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~mtmorris/index3.html

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

That's funny.....

I feel ya. Sold my bike in July cause I won a new F6B at a charity ride back on July 17. I'm still waiting to take delivery. Not being on 2 wheels is like going through withdrawals. I'm waiting for the wife to open the garage and find me sitting on a milk crate making motorcycle noises and shaking

Lucas Electronics...Gentlemen should not go motoring about after dark.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyarddog View Post
    Lucas Electronics...Gentlemen should not go motoring about after dark.
    Yessiree. Lucas Electronics = Prince of Darkness

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Lucas wiring......what a nightmare....IMO the connectors caused a lot of the problems because of the bullet connectors Lucas like to use. Lucas wiring systems don't have a regular male and female connector. What Lucas did was have two male connectors with a sleeve between them. The sleeve dries out, cracks, and then you have a short or gets loose then an intermittent fault and stuff turns on or off at will. They also rarely used any relays nor fuses, so all the power went through the switches, oh and their positive gound system was another POS. 1962 MG midget, been there done that and never going to do it again.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Lucas wiring......what a nightmare....IMO the connectors caused a lot of the problems because of the bullet connectors Lucas like to use. Lucas wiring systems don't have a regular male and female connector. What Lucas did was have two male connectors with a sleeve between them. The sleeve dries out, cracks, and then you have a short or gets loose then an intermittent fault and stuff turns on or off at will. They also rarely used any relays nor fuses, so all the power went through the switches, oh and their positive gound system was another POS. 1962 MG midget, been there done that and never going to do it again.
    Also it's a bad idea to unwrap Lucas wiring looms... because you'll let the smoke out

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537