If your looking for a nice ride and a place to go here's a fun day and a nice ride up a country road ending in great food (if you like garlic).
I've been making the trip up to the Saugrities, NY Garlic Festival every year for the past 8 years and I've never been disappointed.
There are plenty of vendors who hand out free samples of the various garlic verities to taste and compare while they explain the proper way to plant and grow garlic. It's really quit easy. I buy my seeds there and usually plant them when I get home. Then by the following July I have the best garlic you've ever tasted.
They also hand out various relishes and preserves on crackers to sample. If you don't fill up on all the samples (and believe me you can) there are way too many food stands offering anything from garlic chicken and stake to garlic donuts and ice cream.
You could spend a whole day there but if you want to ride your in the middle of ski country meaning mountain roads leading up to Hunter Mountain and the surrounding hills. I doubt you can do it all but it's fun to try

It's a nice ride up there. You could go right up the Thru-way to the Saugrities exit, but I prefer the scenic country route up SR 209 to Kingston, NY. I pick up 209 in Port Jervis off of I-84 I follow 209 to the Kingston exit and get on the NY tru-way for 1 exit north and follow the signs to the festival.

If anybodies interested in putting together a ride either day type up your preference

check it out @
http://hvgf.org/