Another rack thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another rack thread

Another rack thread

Has anyone made a rack that bolts on with the passenger grab rail bolts and sits over the passenger seat for solo riding?
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

That would be a good idea.

I had one made,,KennyU

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    That would be a good idea.
    I had made a template out of Poster Board,,then took-it to a Metal supply shop,,they did a CATIA Full-Size paper mock-up,,
    I took-it home, and found I needed to widen the total sketch by 1/4 inch,,then they water jeted-it out of .11 Alum,,on the scetch, I added Four SETS of 1/4" x 1.5" slots(tie-down)they water jeted them as well,,I then took-it to a paint shop, and had-it Painted with epoxy paint,, I've used-it for TWO Years on my 2014 F6B,,I even mounted the Drivers Backrest onto the plate,,
    NOW, when my wife rides,,I can take-out the TWO Bolts,,and take-off the whole set-up as one PC,,It is bolted to the PASSenger backrest Holes,,I used TWO PCs of Delron, and made TWO risers,,
    that makes the Plate EVEN with the TOP of the drivers HUMP,,by his AZZ,,It just sits on there,,kennyU,,
    NO pictures handy,,send me a Phone Text,, and I'll send you a picture on MY Phone,,2zero6-38zero-1zero51.

Here are the photos of Kenny U's setup

2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen

That's fantastic

Could you please give me an idea of the cost to produce and install? I already have the manufacturer's backrest and brackets on my bike.
    Love the Givi adaptor plate and the antenna inclusion. How large a box can you install on that. I'd like to put a 55 litre one on.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS

hard case is a LUN"ST"

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    Could you please give me an idea of the cost to produce and install? I already have the manufacturer's backrest and brackets on my bike.
    Love the Givi adaptor plate and the antenna inclusion. How large a box can you install on that. I'd like to put a 55 litre one on.
    the hard case is called a LUN,,It is the "ST" Size,,
    16"W x 11"Deep x 10" Height,, It is a ABS Flat Black "MATTE" Finish,, as you can see,,there is enough room between the case and the CB Antenna, to fit a soft cooler or a Soft Hydro-Bag for LONG trips,,
    the SOFT "POLAR BEAR"Kooler is from Wingstuff, It is the 12-Pack Size, they make a 6-Pack soft kooler as well,, the PT.# PLPB120,,My wife stopped riding, so this Rack stays on the bike all the time,,
    ALL the allum. studs around the rack WERE needle pointed, it Looked pretty cool, BUT caused damage to almost every thing they touched,, so I made a jig to grind them ALL to the same Height,
    OH WELL,,KennyU,,SEATTLE.

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    Has anyone made a rack that bolts on with the passenger grab rail bolts and sits over the passenger seat for solo riding?
    This "set-up" accomplishes the same feature for "solo riding"! After fabricating my "home brewed rack" from black Vinyl Material, I installed my "Cruiser Bag", with built in back rest, to the "passenger seat". Securely held in place with straps, the bag can be quickly removed if need be. I additionally made a "stacked riser" for the OEM Back Rest. The added height allows the Cruiser Bag additional support. With my highway pegs deployed, sitting and leaning back is like having a "Lazy Boy" on wheels Having a solid covered stowage bag and rack provides the best of both worlds

Some pic for "clarity"!

100_0827.jpgDSC_0004.jpg100_0859.jpgDSC_0005.jpg

I built one for my for my cross country ride back in May..
    a1scoot
    Attached Images Attached Images

A1Scoot - How is it attached at the front?

Can't figure out how you tightened those attachment points up front. Please enlighten me.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS

Bob109

Nice setup. Well done.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS