EZView side mirrors - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EZView side mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    And Steve edited your name to John in my first post. Too funny. It's Larry. Steve had me wondering for a minute.
    Steve is tired.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Hi Steve.
    LOL...I dunno about being a "standout", but I personally had a great time and made some great new friends. It was good to be able to put some names and faces to the screen names.
    I also found it pretty amazing how well some of our guys ride the F6 in the twisties....impressive!
    BTW, I guess my screen name makes everyone thinks my name is John, but it's Larry, but also known to go by LJ.
    Also, thanks for all you did this week, especially setting up the air filter changeout for us to view. Very much appreciated. I'm gonna try to do a write up to go with the pics I took in order to try and add some sense out of them. IMHO, the pics by themselves really don't tell much.
    John Larry,
    Please do your best to generate a thread with the pics and a narrative.
    Many people are counting on you for some expert reference.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

LOL! Yes sir I am sure you is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Tank Pads

Larry didn't you have some tank pads and something on the gas fill cover? If that was you what are they and where did you get them if you remember.

Convex mirrors

Hi Steve.
    LOL...I dunno about being a "standout", but I personally had a great time and made some great new friends. It was good to be able to put some names and faces to the screen names.
    I also found it pretty amazing how well some of our guys ride the F6 in the twisties....impressive!
    BTW, I guess my screen name makes everyone thinks my name is John, but it's Larry, but also known to go by LJ.
    Also, thanks for all you did this week, especially setting up the air filter changeout for us to view. Very much appreciated. I'm gonna try to do a write up to go with the pics I took in order to try and add some sense out of them. IMHO, the pics by themselves really don't tell much.
    Larry, I would have to agree with Steve - you were a standout in the way you offered a lot of sage advise and also told some pretty good stories, especially the ones about the aftermath of the hurricanes. Loved the story about the lone cypress tree!
    It was great meeting you and everyone else at the rally. Gonna ponder the Muth option and pairing with those mirrors and see if I can come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by beppok View Post
    Larry didn't you have some tank pads and something on the gas fill cover? If that was you what are they and where did you get them if you remember.
    Yes Sir. It was me that had the tank pads. It's a package that also contains the gas fill cover sections as well.
    I bought them from TechSpec-USA:
    http://techspec-usa.com/motorcycles/...grip-pads.html
    I tend to hug the tank with my knees and didn't want any issues with the paint. I've used these pads before on my FJR as well as my Gold Wing trike.
    The only issue I've ever had with them was on the FJR as they didn't like the curvature of the big Yamaha's tank. On the Wings, it's a fairly flat surface and they do well on it.
    Personally, I like the snakeskin texture over the other two options, but to each his own...LOL

Yes Sir. It was me that had the tank pads. It's a package that also contains the gas fill cover sections as well.
    I bought them from TechSpec-USA:
    http://techspec-usa.com/motorcycles/...grip-pads.html
    I tend to hug the tank with my knees and didn't want any issues with the paint. I've used these pads before on my FJR as well as my Gold Wing trike.
    The only issue I've ever had with them was on the FJR as they didn't like the curvature of the big Yamaha's tank. On the Wings, it's a fairly flat surface and they do well on it.
    Personally, I like the snakeskin texture over the other two options, but to each his own...LOL
    Thanks Larry I ordered a set.

Thanks Larry..it was good talking with you and those mirrors are on the list. Also enjoyed your mod where you added the screen over the intake. Great meeting you