2016 Rally After Action comments - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Rally After Action comments

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Those two items would seem to be in conflict.
    You are very astute. They are conflicting. But I am willing to help were needed. I am quiet and introverted by nature. But as I've grown older I've decided not to let my nature stand in the way of doing things. So just because because being around people drains me doesn't mean I can't suck it up and contribute when needed. Besides afterwards I can just ride it off.

I used to hate public speaking but today I can stand up and give a speech with the best of em.

My wife says I am the only person she knows who could be in solitary confinement for months and come out refreshed.

So yup full of conflicts.

This was my first F6B rally and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Echoing some of the other comments: it would be good to have all our rooms together on one side of the hotel, but really not that big a deal.
    It would be helpful to have our events listed out in advance, but I understand the logistics of trying to do that.
    I have no problems with the Russellville location and area. We are up there 3-4 times/year and have yet to ever get "bored" with the area. Great roads almost everywhere there. However, I'm certainly open to other great locations as well.

Whammo, daily or weekly events can be posted for all to see. Member room numbers, yadayadayada yada. Easily edited.

http://www.magicwhiteboardproducts.c...25-sheet-roll/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

GREAT FEEDBACK!

Thanks and keep it coming.

Posting the schedule - yes, I should have had that out on the first day - my bad.
    I like the whiteboard idea...we'll see if that can play. I actually have some...

Again, we'll get to a 2017 location thread in the near future, but I want to capture all the "Good, Bad, & Ugly" from this event so we can properly choose for next year.

And Steve's not riding as much as he shoulda/coulda/woulda? Don't worry - I got that covered; I also made new best friends who have invited me back to tour the Ozarks.

There were over 58 registrants - so I'm hoping for at least 50 posts from everyone.
    I know you guys - you all have an opinion.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Well now...

First, I gotta say "Thanks!" again to Steve for accepting the mission to execute this rally. A fine job he did. And "Thanks!" also to Calvin, and Brian (Bryan?) and Stroguy for all the assistance they provided. Y'all make a great team.

I thought the motel was more than adequate. Their operation did encounter a couple minor hiccups (billing, card key access) but nothing deal breaking. I thought it was clean and easily accessible to our ride routes, gas and eats. No complaints from me.

The routes to ride were AWESOME! Here I gotta thank Monk and DonnieOnTheRoad for that fantastic pre-rally scouting ride out to Oark on Tuesday. Thank you, sirs, for letting me tag along! And Donnie... thanks for your technical assistance and suggestion for tracking apps. I'm really diggin' the Spotwalla/SWconnect apps combination. Also "Thanks!" to Mike and Ken, Tom, JimmyT and BigCat for letting me tag along on your Thursday ride in lieu of going to Fayetteville. I think that was a great ride. I hope I didn't slow you down too much. Loved those yellow roads. And David, it was great to follow you on your trike... you were riding it like a boss!

The weather was beautiful, so no complaints about that.

As for all the "water buffalo" on the roads, that was never an issue on the routes I rode on all four days. Probably just lucky, so no complaint from me on that either.

I know you asked for suggestions, but I thoroughly enjoyed every day of the rally. I really could not have wished for a better week!

Oh, but wait! Okay, maybe a couple more group photo opportunities at some of the beautiful scenic stops and overlooks along the various routes. That would have been nice. And a group photo of the riders who attended would have been nice to have, also. So maybe next year we can try to pull that off.

Aside from that... great rally!!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Opinions are like you know what we all have one and use it...

For me being my first F6B rally, I did not know what to expect. That said, I would say this group did a great job of putting this all together. Dry county, sucked, but I was not there to drink. Roads were awsum and in great proximity to our hotel.

Cagers on road were courteous also, that makes life much more fun when you are running the twisties. Not all places are this way, something to consider for future rallies. Further the road surfaces were in great shape and allowed for worry free travels (no sand/gravel).

Refreshments served were a nice benefit, every morning we had our choice of water and Gatorade type, saved time from stopping when riding...cause there was so many good roads to ride!

Monk gave me some insights on the locals road, unfortunately the day he was to lead he had kidney rocks...I hope you are healing now Monk. We rode 400 miles that day, and could have done more.

Hats off to those whom were responsible for a successful gathering!

Cheers,

Pumper

I think, this being my 2nd Rally, things went very well. A little more communication on what is going to happen and when, but that was solved with post on the tables.
    I would have liked to seen a better grouping of the rooms, one block of rooms on one side of hotel.

Other then that BIG HI FIVE to all who chipped in to make it another great rally

Not sure how much the tent rental was but local here some of the places will clear out one or two room set up tables for the groups to have common areas or bit bigger facilities have meeting rooms that might work better than tent if bad weather strikes

All in all the rally was a success.
    Thanks to Tony & Steve for all their time and work to make it happen.

One question: What happened to the bikini bike wash?

Ride Safe

Keep 'em coming!

I know more of you attended......
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce