2016 Rally After Action comments - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Rally After Action comments

Quote Originally Posted by glide one View Post
    ...One question: What happened to the bikini bike wash?
    Mr. Big Sexy was a little shy.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I really don't think anyone there wanted to see me in that outfit, no less bending over to wash a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by glide one View Post
    All in all the rally was a success.
    Thanks to Tony & Steve for all their time and work to make it happen.

One question: What happened to the bikini bike wash?

Ride Safe
    I did mention Hooters girls visit HQ to Steve. We may need to chip in on that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Rally was great

I had a great time at the rally. There isn't much that needed to be changed in my opinion. Overall fun time and great conversation!

Sorry I missed the rally

Hi all,
    I'm really wishing I could have made the rally. It sounds like fun times and new friends. I have only 1 suggestion. That being having a rally in the central part of the country. I'm in California and have no chance to make it to AK for this type of event. I'd love to meet as many of you I can and see all the amazing innovations that are on the bikes. Please keep it in mind when planning for next year.

Thanks,

Papawhip

Quote Originally Posted by Papawhip View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm really wishing I could have made the rally. It sounds like fun times and new friends. I have only 1 suggestion. That being having a rally in the central part of the country. I'm in California and have no chance to make it to AK for this type of event. I'd love to meet as many of you I can and see all the amazing innovations that are on the bikes. Please keep it in mind when planning for next year.

Thanks,

Papawhip
    Noted! It would have been a haul for many of our PNW riders as well, although one gent from San Francisco made it.
    There will be a thread soon to entertain locations for next year, incorporating as many of these A/As as possible!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

New Mexico near Taos is gorgeous. Don't know what the snows are like in Spetember. Been skiing there and it is beautiful country.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Maybe what's really needed is two rallies one for each coast. Then a major rally in the middle! But then again that's a lot of beer, T paper and pie!!

here are my thoughts, and keep in mind I was happy with really and had a great time. All these suggestions are "over and beyond" the great job Tony and Steve (and others) did.

1. have the days rides info posted include who is leading to the destination, and approximate departure. That way I could plan if I have time to visit the area before departing.

2. Ideally for either the way there or way back, offer a choice of difficulty and respective leads. Of course, this would take more planning prior, and may not be possible.

For example, I realized on my way home I never knew of an opportunity to go ride (push mountain?) which sounded like the best ride in the area.

Perhaps this was shared prior to the 815 stand ups?

3.Make sure everyone takes initiative in the group (especially attendies who have been to these rallys prior) to introduce themselves to first time attendies. I tried to spend time meeting everyone, but I didn't find the time. I hoped to arrive earlier Tuesday and maybe that was my bad.. I'm not knocking anyone here!

4.For the group rides, get an idea of riders style ahead of the Rally, perhaps have two groups - a spirited /technical run (we may do +10 to +20 or more than the recommended speed for curves) and leisurely lead (more conservative keeping to suggested turn speeds, generally keeping to speed limits and taking more frequent breaks.)

Further, maybe prior to the rally, have a poll to determine which group each rider would join ( 1. I tend to exceed speed limits and I have a lawyer on retainer 2. I enjoy taking in the scenery at a leisurely pace and like more stops to take photos) )

Maybe I needed to communicate better, but in hindsight I would have planned my days differently

5. Would have been nice to know who was going on what rides, or more importantly, if there were folks who were not going on the group rides, and who they were for Alternate outtings..

6. Designate a senior leader who can offer a look over for any possible concerns - such as tread or brake pad health. I'll openly admit although I am not new to riding, I am new to owning. I do visually inspect my bike, but I was delayed coming home due to a new problem with my tire cupping from the spitited rides of the week

7. I would have liked to have evening time dedicated to "what I have done to my bike " group discussion. Riders can volunteer to talk about their favorite upgrades and why. For example, I would have loved to have a better idea of aftermarket pipes and seeing/hearing them. I think windshields, audio, lighting, wind deflectors, suspension upgrades might be interesting for many.

8. Perhaps see if any vendors who sponsor this site would come to the rally and demo their popular stuff.

9. For next year rally, I know others complained about the harleys being in the way but I do enjoy rallys with vendors. It was great to pick up a passenger drink holder due to the heat. Just my opinion.

10. Would any riders who teach safety or technique be willing to set aside time to observe riders and make suggestions? I appreciated the feedback received. Steve was already busy leading the group, surely the are others who could help.

11. Pre-rally thread for early arrivals to coordinate, as well as having someone lead coming from general areas. I saw some coordinate coming from my area.

12. Could motel have a meeting room for bad weather or after 1030 pm use?

13. Add a day to the rally, or just have the pre-rally day planned.

We liked the motel over hotel, walking distance to food and food open 24 nearby, nearby gas, proximity to good rides, the awards and giveaways were fun.
    That's enough for now..

Thanks all,
    Robert

I was very happy with the meeting place. I really liked Russellville and the thought of a Honda Shop right around the corner. Luckily I did not need to use the Shop, but I know it was handy for a few peeps.

The Dry County thing was not that big of a deal, just would like to know that a head of time. I realize that is not something the coordinator needs to look into. It was something that I don't think about being in Florida we don't have dry counties.

I liked the Tent outside. Gave me a chance to socialize with everyone in one place. Smokers would have to go outside and Hotels that have services like that won't be affordable to me for a long vacation. I was very happy with the Best Western.

I seen Steve mention a white board, but I am not sure who is going to strap a board on the back of their F6B and ride across the country.

I think that things were put together very well. In my opinion I liked the way the rides were setup. It made people meet others and start their own conversations.

Everyone who spent hours and hours planning this ADVENTURE for everyone that showed up I want to say "THANK YOU!"