to keep or not to keep? the f6?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to keep or not to keep? the f6?

to keep or not to keep? the f6?

well I we have 3 vmaxes different years one bar hopper, one 2009 and wife's 97. we just did a 1600mile trip on those and a 94 softail because every biker needs a Harley in the garage:👍we have a 2004 gl1800 wing all blacked out darkside and love it! we call it the Winnebago and is our tour bike...then we bought a 2013 f6b deluxe....I thought we would gravitate more to the f6 but am finding out that we like the tour pack we like the cruise and honestly the full wing seems to ride smoother and the seat is more comfortable. when we want to ride 2 up and travel we have the big girl...I want the f6 because of the looks and I wish it had a removable tour pack. I guess I just don't know where the f6 fits in the stable she is not really needed...so do it spend the 500$ and fab up a Harley quick release tour pack, which will not be that bad and then almost have another full wing or just sell it and keep the wing and move forward... just seeing what responses I get and what guys on the forums think?

Sounds like a horrible situation. You can only ride one VMAX at a time. Sell one and mod the B.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Adding a trunk is easy, many options available. I love my 6, but for you it seems redundant since you have a full Wing and wife rides a gen 1 Max. Sell it to a good home.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Adding a trunk is easy, many options available. I love my 6, but for you it seems redundant since you have a full Wing and wife rides a gen 1 Max. Sell it to a good home.
    Oh to be young again!!..After riding for over 40 years or more, one bike is enough for me and my lifestyle..Seems to me you really don't need as many bikes as you have...Sell the one or ones you ride less often and be happy!!!...BTW, in all due respect, no one needs a Harley in the garage except those who like loud, obnoxious, shaking "junk"....Ride safe

thanks guys good comments... I build and work on custom vmaxes so that's why we have those bikes.. I think I may be selling the 2009 max as funny as it sounds that has been my touring bike because wife like to ride hers back and forth to sturgis and everywhere else...she's kind of a baddass chick on her stretched out gen 1. we really never spent much time riding 2 up until we picked up the gl wing then the f6 became available from a friend. so I think your right not much need for 2 touring bikes and if I'm gonna have one why not stay with the the whole enchilada on the gl...I still might have to add the chopped quick release tour-pack just to see what we think.

Multiple bikes

Up here in Canada I can hardly afford insurance on one bike, never mind a fleet!Cost per year is $1600.00 with an excellent driving record.,multiple bikes is out of the question for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorn View Post
    Up here in Canada I can hardly afford insurance on one bike, never mind a fleet!Cost per year is $1600.00 with an excellent driving record.,multiple bikes is out of the question for me.
    Hey check out Johnson insurance. I have mine for just over 600.00 a year full coverage. They do monthly direct payments and don't charge the normal 2% like most.
    https://www1.johnson.ca/

To me it's an easy choice that you might not agree with but sell the Harley and keep the Hondas.
    Why because the Harley will sell and get you a good return for your value.
    Also it seems the the 2 Hondas answer the call to what you need when you ride.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Hey check out Johnson insurance. I have mine for just over 600.00 a year full coverage. They do monthly direct payments and don't charge the normal 2% like most.
    https://www1.johnson.ca/
    Thanks, I'll look into that👍

Quote Originally Posted by Motorn View Post
    You need to hunt for a new deal. I am $950/year in Ont full coverage. (Cooperators) $1175 for the Duc, full coverage. (TD, Cooperators would not touch the Duc)
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”