2000 miles on F6B now. Thoughts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 miles on F6B now. Thoughts

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina

2000 miles on F6B now. Thoughts

I just turned 2100 miles on the B today. Just a few thoughts.....none to be critical just observations. Initially I didnt like the feeling of "sitting on top of" the bike....I also didnt like that I couldnt put a full face helmet in the bags. I didnt like the paint issue. And I could not hear the stereo above 45 mph. Now all that being said...after putting some miles on this bike I am really starting to like it. Its a freaking 800 lb sport bike.. The acceleration reminds me of the Rune. So far the stock seat has been ok. The looks of the bike are pretty sexy if you ask me. It has a very sweet spot at 85 mph and jumps to 110 in a heartbeat. I am really starting to like this bike. Wished I had made the rally, but have previous engagements, but next year I will be there.
    Here are some pictures from the day trip that a friend and I took today.
    Attachment 23674Attachment 23675Attachment 23676Attachment 23677

If you like it now, wait until you have 20,000 miles on it !!! I'll get even better.

It takes some wiggling but my XL HJC Sy-Max Helmet fits in the right side saddlebag.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

My Shoei Neotec fits in either of my side bags. No room to spare, but it fits.

Ok, glad your pointing this out....I will go back and try to fit mine in...maybe I just need to spend a little time with it. Thank you gents.

I used Glare wax on my black F6C and the paint is looking great no more scratches, very durable.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    I just turned 2100 miles on the B today. Just a few thoughts.....none to be critical just observations. Initially I didnt like the feeling of "sitting on top of" the bike....I also didnt like that I couldnt put a full face helmet in the bags. I didnt like the paint issue. And I could not hear the stereo above 45 mph. Now all that being said...after putting some miles on this bike I am really starting to like it. Its a freaking 800 lb sport bike.. The acceleration reminds me of the Rune. So far the stock seat has been ok. The looks of the bike are pretty sexy if you ask me. It has a very sweet spot at 85 mph and jumps to 110 in a heartbeat. I am really starting to like this bike. Wished I had made the rally, but have previous engagements, but next year I will be there.
    Here are some pictures from the day trip that a friend and I took today.
    Attachment 23674Attachment 23675Attachment 23676Attachment 23677
    Russell. Glad you're enjoying the F6. Put a windshield on it. Trust me... it makes a ton of difference. (and you will be able to hear the stereo above 45 mph)

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    If you like it now, wait until you have 20,000 miles on it !!! I'll get even better.
    It takes some wiggling but my XL HJC Sy-Max Helmet fits in the right side saddlebag.

I forgot to add the pictures in the last post....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

This is my 2nd F6b and OMG, that stock "windshield" is useless. It's terrible above 70mph. Probably gonna go with another Clearview medium, light tint, recurve, extra width. My 2XL helmet isn't close to fitting, that's ok by me. Replacing the speakers and upgrading the amp seems to make a huge difference. I can't stand the seat, my broken tailbone doesn't help. I may get a used Mustang seat soon.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN