2000 miles on F6B now. Thoughts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000 miles on F6B now. Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    This is my 2nd F6b and OMG, that stock "windshield" is useless. It's terrible above 70mph. Probably gonna go with another Clearview medium, light tint, recurve, extra width. My 2XL helmet isn't close to fitting, that's ok by me. Replacing the speakers and upgrading the amp seems to make a huge difference. I can't stand the seat, my broken tailbone doesn't help. I may get a used Mustang seat soon.
    I hear ya on the Shield... I have a Madstad. And my seat is a Corbin.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Windshield replacement was first thing, went to Windbender 13 inch, now you can hear radio, also installed Risers, moved handle bars up and back, a lot more comfortable, and Michelin Alpine PA3, 23K first year!
    USAF retired 1964-1997
    Life is too short, Ride like you stoled it !

I'll have to look up that Windbender. I gotta get a new windshield first, I was pretty happy with my Clearview.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    Here are some pictures from the day trip that a friend and I took today.
    Attachment 23674Attachment 23675Attachment 23676Attachment 23677
    Love the photos you included with impressions of your B, RuneRider. It's great seeing interesting areas of the continent that are well beyond riding reach of where I live. Makes my bucket list ride planning all the more interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    I just turned 2100 miles on the B today. Just a few thoughts.....none to be critical just observations. Initially I didnt like the feeling of "sitting on top of" the bike....I also didnt like that I couldnt put a full face helmet in the bags. I didnt like the paint issue. And I could not hear the stereo above 45 mph. Now all that being said...after putting some miles on this bike I am really starting to like it. Its a freaking 800 lb sport bike.. The acceleration reminds me of the Rune. So far the stock seat has been ok. The looks of the bike are pretty sexy if you ask me. It has a very sweet spot at 85 mph and jumps to 110 in a heartbeat. I am really starting to like this bike. Wished I had made the rally, but have previous engagements, but next year I will be there.
    Here are some pictures from the day trip that a friend and I took today.
    Attachment 23674Attachment 23675Attachment 23676Attachment 23677
    Thanks for the post Runerider. I just completed 800 miles and my first service. Agree about hearing the radio, was pretty bad but with a taller windshield it's perfect. I replaced with a vStream tall windshield and cut it down so my viewing is above the top. Didn't like looking through the windshield and helmet visor - wasn't natural to me.

I'm new to the forum and traded my M109R for a Blue F6B. Windshield and passenger back rest installed, we're ready for a longer ride. Perhaps Bear Mountain the end of this month - 29th.

Great pictures, didn't read where they were.

I also have a HJC full face...only mine is 5XL!....I've got a Charlie Brown head

When I first got my bike I tried to fit it in the side bags, and it was a no go....

Problem was I was putting it in the same as in the pics in DMAGOLDRDR's post above.

The fix...
    turn the helmet around....that is, put the opening towards the back wall, so that when closing the cover, you are closing it on top of the helmet.
    By doing this my 5XL fits in either side, but the left side does provide just a bit more room...and the cover closes as it should....easy!....no forcing required at all.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Kdarmy View Post
    I also have a HJC full face...only mine is 5XL!....I've got a Charlie Brown head

When I first got my bike I tried to fit it in the side bags, and it was a no go....

Problem was I was putting it in the same as in the pics in DMAGOLDRDR's post above.

The fix...
    turn the helmet around....that is, put the opening towards the back wall, so that when closing the cover, you are closing it on top of the helmet.
    By doing this my 5XL fits in either side, but the left side does provide just a bit more room...and the cover closes as it should....easy!....no forcing required at all.

Keith
    Thanks for the tip. I have a 4xl and just assumed it wouldn't fit. So I never tried going to go try it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighutch14 View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I have a 4xl and just assumed it wouldn't fit. So I never tried going to go try it now.
    It worked didn't it?
    I was locking my helmet up every time I left the bike, which was a pain in the arse....it took me longer than Id like to admit to figure out all I had to do was turn the damn thing around

Keith

have to try this

The fix...

Keith
    I wear a large HJC modular. Hope this works for me. Many thanks to you gentlemen.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

I also have a HJC full face...only mine is 5XL!....I've got a Charlie Brown headWhen I first got my bike I tried to fit it in the side bags, and it was a no go....
    The fix...turn the helmet around....that is, put the opening towards the back wall, so that when closing the cover, you are closing it on top of the helmet.
    By doing this my 5XL fits in either side, but the left side does provide just a bit more room...and the cover closes as it should....easy!....no forcing required at all.Keith

Fitting a Helmet in the side bag was like searching for a lost item,, once found you stop searching. I guess in the opposite direction the Helmet must settle into the indentations in the back of the Bag a bit better. Now I will have to try facing the Helmet the other way and see...
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.