New Style Passenger Backrest?

Thread: New Style Passenger Backrest?

New Style Passenger Backrest?

I saw these photos from the rally and it looks like these two bikes have a different style passenger backrest on them?

Attachment 23687Attachment 23688

Does anyone know what the skinny is on them?

Could be that one of them is OEM and the other is from an aftermarket seat maker?

The second pic is the deluxe model OEM passenger pad, the first one is the OEM backrest but the seat and passenger pad have been modified, and that's me in the first pic, ( in front, not the passenger)

Chess has a custom made seat from a Fayetteville AR saddleman. Most likely he had a custom backrest made by the same. I talked to him about his seat, but not the backrest.

EDIT....Welp there you go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chess View Post
    The second pic is the deluxe model OEM passenger pad, the first one is the OEM backrest but the seat and passenger pad have been modified, and that's me in the first pic, ( in front, not the passenger)
    Wow really? They both just look so much taller then the OEM version? Any details that you could share about the one that has been modified would be great. Thanks

she looks very UN-Comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post
    I saw these photos from the rally and it looks like these two bikes have a different style passenger backrest on them?

Attachment 23687Attachment 23688

Does anyone know what the skinny is on them?
    she looks like she has to sit-up, when she gets a chance,, she would not be very stable, when she is BACK against the new version,,I installed a Utopia back rest that is very adjustable, for my wifes seat,, WHEN there is a seat(Mine is a ONE-Seater most of the time),,kennyU

Quote Originally Posted by kenny urban View Post
    she looks like she has to sit-up, when she gets a chance,, she would not be very stable, when she is BACK against the new version,,kennyU
    She did not like the stock set up at all, 15-20 miles and she wanted off , the passenger pad was made wider, taller, and a bit forward, as well as the passenger pillion was sculpted out to sit her a bit lower, we have done several 800-900 mile days with no problems, (except when she falls asleep)

I've got this one...

Attachment 23750

and the wife is very happy with it. But yours looks like it came from the factory like that rather then just a bolt on. Can you share any additional info (cost, time, etc...) or a contact for who did it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post
    I've got this one...

Attachment 23750

and the wife is very happy with it. But yours looks like it came from the factory like that rather then just a bolt on. Can you share any additional info (cost, time, etc...) or a contact for who did it for you?
    Pm sent