What arkansas road was your favorite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What arkansas road was your favorite

What arkansas road was your favorite

Did not get as many miles as I wanted, but favorite I hit was mount magazine

Probably up Push Mountain.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Good question. Tuff to pick one. I rode 950 miles Wed, Thurs, and Fri, not counting the ride to into Russelville, or the ride home. Jimmytee's pick is a great one, at Push Mtn. 341 in the same area is great. Sections of 14 and 9 were also tops! 74 between Ponco and Jasper was lots of fun, too. Just too hard to pick a favorite. I found no bad roads. I did have to do a U-turn on 123 from Pelsor. Gravel on every corner, then about 8 miles in, the surface had been recently oiled and chip-sealed. lots of crud on the road. I would bet that 123 will be great next time I'm there.

Which direction on 123? Charlie and I did the 123 to Mount Judea Friday and we met perfect roads the whole length. The pig trail was fun riding in the train with Chess, but the 123 to Mount Judea was my favorite
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

123 was great from 65 to Pelsor. As I continued southwest on 123 from Pelsor, I came across recently oiled and chip sealed surface, maybe done a week or two ago. Most of the loose pebbles were off the road, just saying there was still plenty of it rattling in my fenders. The road itself was great, as far as corners and scenery. I will definately ride that road again, my next trip there. I had stopped at Hankins Country Store, for a cold soda, and some riders came in from 123, and had warned me about the loose stuff on the road. It wasn't real bad, don't get me wrong. I just decided there were better surfaces available to ride on. So, at about 8 miles, I U-turned, went back to Pelsor, and took 16 east. Another great road!

OK, opposite direction. We went north after Pelsor. Smart play on your part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

This is a real tough question. I've been running these roads for several years and it is still real hard to answer. So, I keep running them hoping I can make up my mind!!

If I had to pick just one favorite ... then it would be Push Mountain. After that it gets harder.

Hope some of you can come on back and help be decide!!
    Retired and riding the Ozarks - Arkansas Ridgerunner

Red - 2014 Goldwing
    Pirellie SnowControl Serie 3 Runflat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Pirelli Centurato P1 RunFlat 195/55/16 40 PSI
    Full Traxxion
    Darkside #623 - 221,000 Darkside Miles and Counting
    IBA # 42128

I have to agree with monk, too hard to decide, I learned to ride on these roads in the late 80s' (dating myself), I usually end up riding 16 the most, either to 23, 21, or 7, just too many great places here to choose just one

Very hard question to answer. Reservebum and I put about 1400 miles on from Sunday afternoon till the following Sunday. I don't really remember hitting a bad road, Push Mountain, 7, 21, 23, 123 the list could go on. Great rides no matter where we went.

P.S. CHESS FOR PRESIDENT

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    P.S. CHESS FOR PRESIDENT
    With "Miss Big Sexy 2016" as my campaign manager, I might have a pretty good shot