Exhaust opinions
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust opinions

Exhaust opinions

So I need more exhaust note from the B. I drilled two 3/4" holes in either one, but that didn't do much. I've gotta have black, so I've narrowed my search to Torq Master, Two Brothers, & Rush. Cobra is out, can't get past the looks. Any opinions on those options? I like the replaceable baffles in the TM & Rush to adjust tone. Any others I've missed or forgotten that are black? A tip that's polished is ok too. Thanks!

Mike

I drove Charlie's bike with the Cobra 6 and the drone @2800-3200 was pretty bad. That scares me from any exhaust. I like the 15 factory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I drove Charlie's bike with the Cobra 6 and the drone @2800-3200 was pretty bad. That scares me from any exhaust. I like the 15 factory.
    Hmmm. I didn't notice the drone when I test rode his bike. Maybe I'm not sure what to listen for. Lol

What about trying the Torqloopz?
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Do loops add tone/volume? How does mother Honda feel about removing the cats while still in warranty?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Do loops add tone/volume? How does mother Honda feel about removing the cats while still in warranty?

Mike
    Not sure about mother Honda but my dealer claims it will void the warranty. I was wanting to start with the Loops and build from there, dealer had never even heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
    Not sure about mother Honda but my dealer claims it will void the warranty. I was wanting to start with the Loops and build from there, dealer had never even heard of them.
    I don't have a local dealer I trust, but could call my selling dealer. I figure I can get away with slip ons, but the cats are unlikely.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    So I need more exhaust note from the B. I drilled two 3/4" holes in either one, but that didn't do much. I've gotta have black, so I've narrowed my search to Torq Master, Two Brothers, & Rush. Cobra is out, can't get past the looks. Any opinions on those options? I like the replaceable baffles in the TM & Rush to adjust tone. Any others I've missed or forgotten that are black? A tip that's polished is ok too. Thanks!

Mike
    If you drilled the end plates of the muffler, then put the tips on with out cutting the stub pipe off or drilling or removing the metal cone from the tip, you locked the sound inside of the muffler tip. On my first B I drilled 3, 1/2" holes in the muffler end plate and the cone area of the tips. Ended up just at the point of being to loud for me. Then I ran a full tank of gas through the bike and discovered that I lost 10 mpg. I covered up all the holes in the muffler end plates then put a single 5/16" hole in each end plate to give it a little tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    If you drilled the end plates of the muffler, then put the tips on with out cutting the stub pipe off or drilling or removing the metal cone from the tip, you locked the sound inside of the muffler tip. On my first B I drilled 3, 1/2" holes in the muffler end plate and the cone area of the tips. Ended up just at the point of being to loud for me. Then I ran a full tank of gas through the bike and discovered that I lost 10 mpg. I covered up all the holes in the muffler end plates then put a single 5/16" hole in each end plate to give it a little tone.
    My tips have slots cut in the bottom of them from the factory. Figured that was enough to get the sound through. It was a PITA to drill around the little extensions though!

Mike

Well crap! I'm not a fan of the looks of the 6-2-6, but damn they sound good!

Mike