Exhaust opinions - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust opinions

I've had the Rush pipes on the since almost new, got the 2.5 baffles, they have sound but not crazy. This past spring I put the Torq Loops on, a little more sound no more drone.
    Gas mileage is about the same as it was.

I put the Loops on because I never had a full helmet, always wore 1/2 helmet, over the summer months I bought a Modular helmet and didn't want the drone to interfere with my first experience of the Modular.

Quote Originally Posted by zzh54 View Post
    I've had the Rush pipes on the since almost new, got the 2.5 baffles, they have sound but not crazy. This past spring I put the Torq Loops on, a little more sound no more drone.
    Gas mileage is about the same as it was.

I put the Loops on because I never had a full helmet, always wore 1/2 helmet, over the summer months I bought a Modular helmet and didn't want the drone to interfere with my first experience of the Modular.
    Thank you sir! I broke down and ordered the Cobras, along with the Ergo III pegs, and a riders backrest.

Mike

I have the Cobra 6 2 6 on wifes F6B sounds great I pulled the baffles and it sounds even better
    Battoo

Quote Originally Posted by Battoo View Post
    I have the Cobra 6 2 6 on wifes F6B sounds great I pulled the baffles and it sounds even better
    Thanks! I heard a couple clips with all but 2 of the baffles out, NIIIIICE! Think I'll start there! Hehehe!

Mike

A little advice about the cobras, pull out one baffle at a time and test. They are a pain to put back in if you're not happy.
    It took me 30 min. to take them all out and within 30 sec. Into the test ride I knew i messed up. I spent 2 1/2 hours trying to get 3 back in.
    2015 f6b deluxe - matte grey
    1998 fxd superglide - black

My $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    So I need more exhaust note from the B. I drilled two 3/4" holes in either one, but that didn't do much. I've gotta have black, so I've narrowed my search to Torq Master, Two Brothers, & Rush. Cobra is out, can't get past the looks. Any opinions on those options? I like the replaceable baffles in the TM & Rush to adjust tone. Any others I've missed or forgotten that are black? A tip that's polished is ok too. Thanks!

Mike
    I had Cobra's 6-2-6 in chrome on the bike when I bought it. I was sick of the drone so I started looking around, reading this board for info, etc. I wound up going with black TBR slip ons and torq loops. Now, TBR lists the pipes for $799.98 on their site but I picked them up for $542.80 (weird number right?). I see them on Amazon right now for $560.80 w/ free shipping (fulfilled by Powersport Superstore). I received brand new pipes, no scratches, mars, missing hardware, etc. Whether it was the pipes or the loops, or a combo,.....the drone is gone. I love the throaty Porsche like growl these put out. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    "An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of bullshit."
    - General George Patton Jr

Thanks guys! I'll wait on the loops for now, at least until the warranty is up.

Mike

Exhaust arrived yesterday and I slipped em on the morning. Pulled one baffle from each, it's all I could get out! Sounds damn good in the drive! Test ride here in a bit!

Mike

2015 f6b deluxe - matte grey
    1998 fxd superglide - black

Well, the drone at 60 is pretty substantial, my left ear actually has a ring to it. My straight piped shovel is quieter! It's gonna require earplugs at that speed. The drone actually improves at 70 and 80.

Mike