Why are the Mic O, Rivco Aero Blades, Kuryakyn Ergo III pegs so expensive?

Thread: Why are the Mic O, Rivco Aero Blades, Kuryakyn Ergo III pegs so expensive?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Terry, I faced the same dilemma and wanted the Rivco pegs but they were on backorder at the time and are pretty pricey. I was also a bit concerned about damage potential (however unlikely) with a tip over with the pegs extended. I chose to go with the Ergo II and just got them powder coated flat black. Like Steve, I wasn't thrilled about getting pegs that 'hang off' the engine guard given the streamlined look of the B. But now that I have them they look just fine IMHO and work well. Really came in handy on a 4,000 mile seven state tour this August.
    There are several reports on the GW forums about the a bike getting tipped over with the pegs extended and with the original Aero's installed, there was valve cover damage.
    The new pegs are "notched" to keep that from happening.
    I have the originals, so I got my muscle memory to close them nearly all the way at speeds below 20 mph as a habit now.
    Cheers,
    Steve

There! All better!
    Thread response...Take 2!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I did tip over with the old pegs (don't ask!) and suffered no damage to the VC, the good news is I could get the replacement arm in the new config- with the peg to extend) really helps. Oh..on the tip-over, ever hear that little voice that says "maybe you should __________ before you___________ and you ignore it??? well DON'T. Usually I listen...

[edit] I say I had "original" aero, I assumed that the no extended tip for swinging out with foot is "original"]