Why are the Mic O, Rivco Aero Blades, Kuryakyn Ergo III pegs so expensive? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are the Mic O, Rivco Aero Blades, Kuryakyn Ergo III pegs so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    Ergo II looks like a bargain at $198.99 but they are chrome and don't suit the aesthetic of my F6B.
    Terry, I faced the same dilemma and wanted the Rivco pegs but they were on backorder at the time and are pretty pricey. I was also a bit concerned about damage potential (however unlikely) with a tip over with the pegs extended. I chose to go with the Ergo II and just got them powder coated flat black. Like Steve, I wasn't thrilled about getting pegs that 'hang off' the engine guard given the streamlined look of the B. But now that I have them they look just fine IMHO and work well. Really came in handy on a 4,000 mile seven state tour this August.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    Terry! Get the Rivco Aero pegs!!! You will will be satisfied! I have had them on the Rune for 50k miles and its the only mod that I cant do without. Long trips uncomfortable? BS!!
    I almost use the pegs as my footpegs period. I bet I used mine on the rune 80 percent of the time. Even in the twisties. They look as if they were made for the bike. Its a nice clean look. They have 3 adjustments and should provide you with great comfort and enjoyment. I love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Terry, I faced the same dilemma and wanted the Rivco pegs but they were on backorder at the time and are pretty pricey. I was also a bit concerned about damage potential (however unlikely) with a tip over with the pegs extended. I chose to go with the Ergo II and just got them powder coated flat black. Like Steve, I wasn't thrilled about getting pegs that 'hang off' the engine guard given the streamlined look of the B. But now that I have them they look just fine IMHO and work well. Really came in handy on a 4,000 mile seven state tour this August.
    I have the Ergo III's and am concerned about the possible damage to the valve covers as well; if the bike decided to lay on it's side.

I don't think that the clamping force on the engine guards is strong enough to keep them from rotating upward into the valve covers; if they strike the pavement with force.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    There are several reports on the GW forums about the a bike getting tipped over with the pegs extended and with the original Aero's installed, there was valve cover damage.
    The new pegs are "notched" to keep that from happening.
    I have the originals, so I got my muscle memory to close them nearly all the way at speeds below 20 mph as a habit now.
    Cheers,
    Steve

There! All better!
    Thread response...Take 2!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I did tip over with the old pegs (don't ask!) and suffered no damage to the VC, the good news is I could get the replacement arm in the new config- with the peg to extend) really helps. Oh..on the tip-over, ever hear that little voice that says "maybe you should __________ before you___________ and you ignore it??? well DON'T. Usually I listen...

[edit] I say I had "original" aero, I assumed that the no extended tip for swinging out with foot is "original"]