Is the F6B a heater during the summer? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is the F6B a heater during the summer?

I rode mine to work year round in Phoenix, I've seen the bike read over 120*. I always rode with full gear and a full face helmet. The only thing that got unbearable was the heat coming up off the road surface. I swear the bottom of my boots felt like they where melting.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    I rode mine to work year round in Phoenix, I've seen the bike read over 120*. I always rode with full gear and a full face helmet. The only thing that got unbearable was the heat coming up off the road surface. I swear the bottom of my boots felt like they where melting.
    I used to live in Scottsdale, Arizona during my adolescent years... before "circumstances" put me in military service....

ATGATT does not exist in that hotspot back during the '70's.... too eager to ride.... we were of the old class of riders back then out in the boondocks of the Pima Indian Reservation and some serious points north of that.

Occasional broken bones and wipe outs were the norm back in my day. Experience was born from those hard earned lessons earned.

Huge fun nethertheless. I wish I could go back to those days. Much better than the present.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    When I am at moderate speed, I don't even feel the heat coming off of the radiators of the F6B, unless I stick my hand into the lower wind stream from the side fairings. Not sure why some of you are having an issue with the heat...
    Me too. I'm in New Mexico. It gets hot here. Unless I am stopped in traffic, the bike is not hot at all. The road is hot, the damn sun is hot, but the bike is not.
    Albuquerque, NM