Is the F6B a heater during the summer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the F6B a heater during the summer?

As mentioned above the 6B does a good job at getting the heat away from the rider. Not an issue. I sold me ST1300 after only owning it for no more than 45 days. The heat coming of that bike was unbearable.

Don't ride one of the new HD with the new 107 watercooled engines then. It makes the Wing look like a toaster oven!

Mike

This is South TEXAS calling Tennessee.........so much easier to summer ride than my VSTAR. Baker handwings make it even more of a breeze. Have no fear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Milkmaster View Post
    It is an understatement that my Honda ST1300 is a very hot ride during the summer. The seat gets hot and the air off the motor and radiator pretty much cook a rider during over 80 degree days. So tell me how the F6B is in that regard? Does it roast your chestnuts during the summer from the engine heat?
    I live in Tampa and I ride all through the summer. The heat from the road is much more noticeable than any heat from the bike itself. I think you will be happy with the way the heat drafts away from the rider. My wife rides with me frequently and she doesn't get heat from the exhaust either. It really is a well designed bike from that standpoint. Add a windshield with a vent and I think you will be very pleased. My Slingshot on the other hand is like an oven...

I got a friend who rides Valkyries ( he has 3). I have one right now. He , at one time, bought a Gold Wing, and said he couldn't get used to how hot he was riding it in the summer. I don't know, I told him, I don't notice any of what he described on my F6B.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Sold my ST1300 and got the F6B a week later, no heat sneaking up through the front of the seat and no tip-overs on the F6B!
    No electric windshield, but that's one less thing to break.
    I use seat beads on the stock seat and have no butt sweat.
    It lacks some of the fancy features of other bikes but makes up for it with an absolutely luxurious ride.

Funny you should ask this. I traded in a 15 Ninja 1000 that would burn my shins even at 80mph unless I rode bowlegged. Anything over 87 or so degrees outside and the heat was intense.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Yep, x16 above. You would think heat would be an issue with such a big motor, but I have NEVER felt heat on my legs or anywhere else.

There is a stream of engine heat coming from the radiators that run along side the bike, getting pulled away in the wind as it goes around the fairing. From either side of your quadriceps, that stream of warm air is about 8 inches outside of the pocket of air you sit in.

Wanna warm up your left hand on a cool morning? Just stick it out about a foot from your body!
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

gl1500,,motorized lower vent

Quote Originally Posted by Milkmaster View Post
    It is an understatement that my Honda ST1300 is a very hot ride during the summer. The seat gets hot and the air off the motor and radiator pretty much cook a rider during over 80 degree days. So tell me how the F6B is in that regard? Does it roast your chestnuts during the summer from the engine heat?
    FYI Only,,the GL1500 in 98, had a 2-inch tall cap, that would screw-onto the lower vent by your KNEEs,,It had a little 12V motor,, it would trap the heat, and fins on the duct, would blow warmth onto your knees in the winter,, and out the side during the summer, it was a neat design. KennyU

This is my first bike with a faring and it's not any more noticeable than my hd. I asked the wife she said f6 is a lot cooler for her.Living in south Mississippi, I'm used to sweating my butt off anyways.
    2015 f6b deluxe - matte grey
    1998 fxd superglide - black