#1 Rated touring bike the Goldwing - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #1 Rated touring bike the Goldwing

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I just read on the interweb yesterday that the Goldwing is the #1 Rated Touring bike for 2016. 2nd was the Harley Road Glide Limited, 3rd was BMW K1600.
    I've never heard of a Road Glide Limited. There is a Road Glide Special, and a Road Glide Ultra, and an Electra Glide Ultra Limited (now known as just the Ultra Limited)...but not a Road Glide Limited. I'm so confused!
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    I do not think it would need complete resign to go from single cam two valve to for valve and better yet dual cam... new head and cam and chain, new computer tune and voila much more hp. I have seen older Porsche boxer engine turn 16k and scream great amount of power
    I'm afraid it not quite that easy. You can be rest assured though that Honda's R&D teams are always thinking forward, developing new doo-dads for us to buy and discuss after racing division has had their way with them. Lol

My friend has a Roadmaster. We switched rides for a few short miles. He didn't like my shorter windshield, and I didn't like all the noise. I almost bought a Chieftan when looking at bikes. I'm extremely happy with what I have. Just did a 3,700 mile trip. Added Bikers Friend luggage that I took off for the week. I have Rivco Aero pegs that I barely used, and a Butt Buffer seat pad that I might sell because I never needed it. Coming home, I was so in tune with this bike that I felt like riding straight through. I used common sense and stopped for the night, but this is a highway loving machine...not surprised at all that it's still #1. I imagine a full wing would be more awesome....somehow.

I like the 6 without the extra's. Personal opinion from a single rider.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    My friend has a Roadmaster. We switched rides for a few short miles. He didn't like my shorter windshield, and I didn't like all the noise. I almost bought a Chieftan when looking at bikes. I'm extremely happy with what I have. Just did a 3,700 mile trip. Added Bikers Friend luggage that I took off for the week. I have Rivco Aero pegs that I barely used, and a Butt Buffer seat pad that I might sell because I never needed it. Coming home, I was so in tune with this bike that I felt like riding straight through. I used common sense and stopped for the night, but this is a highway loving machine...not surprised at all that it's still #1. I imagine a full wing would be more awesome....somehow.

I'm right there with ya!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I imagine a full wing would be more awesome....somehow.

1. I considered a used full Wing for a short period of time; there are many out there for sale for $10k or less. However, I am 6'1", 230 lbs...when I sit in a full Wing's seat, I feel like I am in my car with the driver's seat too far forward. The F6B seat is ergonomically perfect for a guy my size.

2. I agree 100%. Simple, easy and cheap to maintain. Plenty of power with essentially perfect reliability.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

How do the Indians handle? I test rode a few recently and they just did not go into the curves like the F6B. The F6B is just so easy to lay over in the curves. You have to force the Indian and it seems sluggish by comparison.
    Steve