#1 Rated touring bike the Goldwing

Thread: #1 Rated touring bike the Goldwing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    With Harley and triumph both stepping up their horsepower maybe honda will add a couple of cams and 12 valves increase red line and bring this flat six some big power, imagine 10k red line and 180 horse

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    With Harley and triumph both stepping up their horsepower maybe honda will add a couple of cams and 12 valves increase red line and bring this flat six some big power, imagine 10k red line and 180 horse

LOL
    Although nice to have, that would require a whole new ground up engine design, and who knows what that would look like. As it is right now the GL1800 engine pieces work beautifully together and we benefit from 15 years of refinement.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Although nice to have, that would require a whole new ground up engine design, and who knows what that would look like. As it is right now the GL1800 engine pieces work beautifully together and we benefit from 15 years of refinement.
    I do not think it would need complete resign to go from single cam two valve to for valve and better yet dual cam... new head and cam and chain, new computer tune and voila much more hp. I have seen older Porsche boxer engine turn 16k and scream great amount of power

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    I do not think it would need complete resign to go from single cam two valve to for valve and better yet dual cam... new head and cam and chain, new computer tune and voila much more hp. I have seen older Porsche boxer engine turn 16k and scream great amount of power
    I'm afraid it not quite that easy. You can be rest assured though that Honda's R&D teams are always thinking forward, developing new doo-dads for us to buy and discuss after racing division has had their way with them. Lol