Time for new tires

Thread: Time for new tires

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    Called the stealership where I bought it used , $300 for Dunlop elite 4, if I bring bike in and they take care of it. Those doing the c t or buying online have any issues getting someone to mount them.
    I might be leaning darks idea as half my riding is easy sight seeing 2 up. My solo riding is just not aggressive as I feel like this bike compares to trying to barrel race a draft horse, might be capable of impressive things but does not compare to the best made for twisties
    Most of us have been buying the car tires online. Most of us just take the wheel off of the bike (easy) and bring them in to a motorcycle shop to have the car tire mounted. Just tell them it's for a trike if they are wigged out. I would wager (based upon my recent conversion) that motorcycle dealers/shops are seemingly not too alarmed about doing it these days since it's becoming common.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Most of us have been buying the car tires online. Most of us just take the wheel off of the bike (easy) and bring them in to a motorcycle shop to have the car tire mounted. Just tell them it's for a trike if they are wigged out. I would wager (based upon my recent conversion) that motorcycle dealers/shops are seemingly not too alarmed about doing it these days since it's becoming common.
    When I did my Valkyrie, I asked Ray , the head mechanic at my local Honda dealer if he'd mount it for me. He told me as long as I brought the wheel in and didn't tell anyone. You didn't hear this from me.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"