Time for new tires
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time for new tires

Time for new tires

10k on the f6b. Rear might have few more miles and front 30% left. I have read info for over an hour.

Who would of thought the choice so hard to make. Thanks all for all the info here. Mostly I want long tread life.

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    10k on the f6b. Rear might have few more miles and front 30% left. I have read info for over an hour.

Who would of thought the choice so hard to make. Thanks all for all the info here. Mostly I want long tread life.
    Then you should mount a car tire my friend.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Long tread life or good handling

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Then you should mount a car tire my friend.
    I have always opted for the good handling over the long tread life and a car tire wouldn't ever match the handling of a motorcycle tire, I just installed a Dunlop Elite 4 on the rear of the B and haven't a clue how many miles I will get out of it but it is suppose to have a harden center tread with soft sidewalls for cornering and so far the handling is spot on. Right from the day I put it on I took it out to scuff it in and it handled great right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I have always opted for the good handling over the long tread life and a car tire wouldn't ever match the handling of a motorcycle tire, I just installed a Dunlop Elite 4 on the rear of the B and haven't a clue how many miles I will get out of it but it is suppose to have a harden center tread with soft sidewalls for cornering and so far the handling is spot on. Right from the day I put it on I took it out to scuff it in and it handled great right off the bat.
    Not sure what you are talking about. I haven't lost any handling since installing the Michellin Alpine PA3 run flat car tire on my F6B.

Maybe you just don't know how to ride?

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

This is the 7 motorcycle

Not sure what you are talking about. I haven't lost any handling since installing the Michellin Alpine PA3 run flat car tire on my F6B.

Maybe you just don't know how to ride?
    I will put a motorcycle tire up against any car tire out on the market for handling!

I will put a motorcycle tire up against any car tire out on the market for handling!
    It's your money. Spend it how you wish

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

exactly my point

It's your money. Spend it how you wish
    You will never see a car tire on my motorcycle and the cost isn't even a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post

Hey lake_carl,

I just put a set of Dunlop Elite 4's on my F6B. The original Bridgestone's had 8400 miles are were wearing heavily. The front was wearing stupid for a tire with 8400 miles. I can say I am not a fan of the original tires. I keep my tires at 41 psi all the time. The last set of Dunlops' I had were on my Harley and I put 24,000 miles on them before replacing both tires. So far, the Dunlop elite 3's or 4's work for me. I don't get some guys talking about road noise with them. My Elite 4 tires are smooth and quiet.

Just sold my Harley. Since I bought the F6B, I didn't have the desire to ride it.

You will never see a car tire on my motorcycle and the cost isn't even a problem.
    Ya, I get that. I had thought like that once too...

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

OE Tire mileage and CT handling

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    Hey lake_carl,

I just put a set of Dunlop Elite 4's on my F6B. The original Bridgestone's had 8400 miles are were wearing heavily. The front was wearing stupid for a tire with 8400 miles. I can say I am not a fan of the original tires. I keep my tires at 41 psi all the time. The last set of Dunlops' I had were on my Harley and I put 24,000 miles on them before replacing both tires. So far, the Dunlop elite 3's or 4's work for me. .
    I averaged 18,000 miles each on the first 4 sets of Bridgestones on the F6B. I am not sure how I am riding differently than you but I do mostly straight line riding at 80-85 mph in the Florida heat. That being said I installed Elite 4's as my 5th set and we will see how they hold up. So far they seem a little "slippery when wet" compared to the stones.

As far as car tire handling....watch this Goldwing at the Dragon. It does not seem to slow him down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XLJNLpzxQ