Will there be a 2018?

Thread: Will there be a 2018?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One of the great things about this bike is the fact it is a Gold Wing. So unlike the Valkyries, which were unique, much of what vendors offer for the Gold Wings will also apply to our F6Bs. The deal with the Valkyries has been although they last and last, much of the aftermarket support has disappeared leaving many a "wish" items as unobtanium. That being said, the VRCC is still a pretty strong group. This site can still be relevant and maybe even morph a little if needed in the future perhaps.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Some of you don't care for the Honda Rune and I can respect that.

Some of us see it as a piece of ART on wheels, the machine in my opinion has always been beautiful. It has been an awesome motorcycle and it is the only motorcycle that I have a framed poster of in my office.

The Rune was produced for 2004 and 2005 (sold for $26,000 - $28,000 back then, that was ALOT of money in 2004, full Goldwings and a few Harleys were much less). It was too expensive for many, hence the sales being less then what Honda wanted.

Honda unloaded their warehouses in late 2007 and early 2008 and these NEW Runes were sold for $15,000 - $16,000.

The Rune on-line community peaked in 2011 and by mid 2012 it started to disappear, today it is virtually non existent and many Runes have been exported out of the USA. Today a nice used Rune (pending on miles and model) sells for $17,000 - $21,000.

I see the F6B community lasting for several years after the last F6B is sold. It is a GoldWing and no matter what you think, F6B specific parts will be available for 10 years after the last model year (that is a requirement from our Federal Government of manufacturers).

Just like the Valkyrie community, we will always have our diehards.

Unfortunately, I predict that Honda will slash prices on its F6B inventory when it decides to empty its warehouses in 2-3 years (Just like the Rune).

This is a great machine and once others discover it, you will see continued interest in it.

Let's just ride the heck out of it

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.