Will there be a 2018?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a 2018?

Will there be a 2018?

Here is a question for the prognosticators in the group. Will the Gold Wing F6b still be in production in 2018 and will it have the front suspension that Honda applied for? I am thinking if the suspension is changed it will come with substantial price increase.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

The bigger question , will the F6B be continued. I'm guessing it won't. If Honda was smart, they'd make the Gold WIng where the trunk could easily be removed.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    The bigger question , will the F6B be continued. I'm guessing it won't. If Honda was smart, they'd make the Gold WIng where the trunk could easily be removed.
    Like the Victory Vision. 4 bolts and it's off.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I have a "gut feeling" that the F6B will go the way of the old Valkyrie and disappear into the sunset...Sales were lousy by most reports and I doubt Ma Honda will keep a slow selling bike in the future line up.....Most dealers are "giving" them away for ridiculous prices just to move them off the floor.....JMHO

I visited an Indian dealer recently and was totally impressed to see how modern the technology and amenities are on their bikes. Updated motor, super adjustable suspension, plush rider and passenger seats, Touch screen everything. kick butt electronics. The fit and finish is outstanding.

All be it, they retail for around 30K.

My point being that some similar upgrades to the Wing line up are long, long over do.

I'm not sure MA Honda will hold much MC line market share among the tech savey generation coming up, without major changes.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

All it takes is one built in Bluetooth..........sheesh, how hard is that? The bike is a top shelf winner for power and handling, but the electronics, the displays, the user input ergonomics just plain blow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    All it takes is one built in Bluetooth..........sheesh, how hard is that? The bike is a top shelf winner for power and handling, but the electronics, the displays, the user input ergonomics just plain blow.
    I hear ya but if we use BMW as an example, their mechanicals are top notch but their electronics are their achilles heel. In my opinion only BMW has fallen from grace because of their notorious issues with electronics.

I'm guessing Honda keeps it simple to maintain the overall reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Here is a question for the prognosticators in the group. Will the Gold Wing F6b still be in production in 2018 and will it have the front suspension that Honda applied for? I am thinking if the suspension is changed it will come with substantial price increase.
    What about 2017? Has it been released yet? I am thinking about an f6b deluxe for next spring. I went to a Honda dealer today and he had one 2015 deluxe and the "sale" price was $18500.
    Seemed high for a 15 and at the end of the season.
    Im also considering a Rocket three touring. I'm not into the Bluetooth, green tooth, or whatever. I want the right motorcycle for me, and I don't want too much in the way of distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I have a "gut feeling" that the F6B will go the way of the old Valkyrie and disappear into the sunset...Sales were lousy by most reports and I doubt Ma Honda will keep a slow selling bike in the future line up.....Most dealers are "giving" them away for ridiculous prices just to move them off the floor.....JMHO
    Odd, there are several folks on here complaining about high prices, when they are giving them away...
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    Odd, there are several folks on here complaining about high prices, when they are giving them away...
    If folks are complaining about high prices for the F6B, they must be the ones that have not been paying attention or just like to complain...Some of us with 2013 models that bought them in 2013, myself included, laid out a lot of cash compared to what they go for now...$14/15000 for a new left-over 14,15,16 model is "one hell of deal" for this bike...Honda is giving the dealers a huge incentive to un-load these left over models for a "song"...and as I stated earlier, if anyone complains about high prices on these units, to me, they would bitch about anything!!..JMHO and ride safe