Honda has a track record of building great niche motorcycles, then dropping them when they sell like niche motorcycles. Just look at the original Valkyrie.

Some manufacturers don't mind selling some models in small quantities. Look at Yamaha/Star and their Venture Royale. They sold those for years but I see fewer of them on the road than F6Bs. Kawasaki is another one. When the original Concours sold slowly, they just stopped producing it for a year to clear out inventory before resuming. They've been building that low volume bike (2 versions) for 30 years.

I doubt either the F6B or Valkyrie will be around once the next gen Wing hits the showrooms. But at least these bikes (like the old Valkyries) share mechanical components with the Goldwing, so parts won't be a problem for years to come.

I like mine as much as any motorcycle I've ever owned. I liked it better than the K1600 I rode. To me the F6B looked better, was more comfortable, and even if the BMW had much better top end power, the F6B felt slightly better in the low and mid ranges. I also tested a Rocket III. It was fast and handled better than I expected, but didn't have the refinement of the Honda.