Will there be a 2018? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    If folks are complaining about high prices for the F6B, they must be the ones that have not been paying attention or just like to complain...Some of us with 2013 models that bought them in 2013, myself included, laid out a lot of cash compared to what they go for now...$14/15000 for a new left-over 14,15,16 model is "one hell of deal" for this bike...Honda is giving the dealers a huge incentive to un-load these left over models for a "song"...and as I stated earlier, if anyone complains about high prices on these units, to me, they would bitch about anything!!..JMHO and ride safe
    Yep. My dealer had mine (black '13), a red '13, a yellow '14, and a blue '15 in stock for me to choose from.

On a side note, in terms of Honda and updating their products...have you taken a look at their outboards? I believe they haven't been updated in 20+ years! Bulletproof and reliable, however. I bought a brand new '01 30 hp outboard in 2000. I looked at a new one at a dealer a few weeks ago. The only thing changed in 15 model years was the cowl decal.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I was not impressed with Indians and Victories that I have ridden compared to the F6B. I just rode the Indian Scout a few weeks ago and it seemed to have some power but handled like a slug, I had to force it through the corners. I rode the Triumph Thunderbird same thing with even more power and more comfort than the Indians but a slug compared to the F6B for handling. I was more impressed with the newer CVO Harleys with the 110 motor. (I will try the new 114 and 107 soon in Thunder Beach bike week) I have ridden the BMW GTL1600 and it was very nice / If I had ($30,000) to I could live with it. For $30,000 I would rather have my F6B and a used Acura TL with it. The only think I have ridden that I liked better than the F6B is the Ducati Diavel. That would have to be a second bike because I don't think it would be as good for longer rides. In all my testing there is still nothing like the F6B it is the best overall package and it is just fun with comfort.
    Steve

I guess I am just different than the rest of the world. Most restaurants and TV shows I like get closed or canceled. I hope you guys appreciate the F6B like I do. I don't really care what the rest of the world thinks (other than parts availability). I know what I like and it is the F6B and I ride it ever day rain or shine.
    Steve

Honda Always Discontinues Good Bikes

Honda has a track record of building great niche motorcycles, then dropping them when they sell like niche motorcycles. Just look at the original Valkyrie.

Some manufacturers don't mind selling some models in small quantities. Look at Yamaha/Star and their Venture Royale. They sold those for years but I see fewer of them on the road than F6Bs. Kawasaki is another one. When the original Concours sold slowly, they just stopped producing it for a year to clear out inventory before resuming. They've been building that low volume bike (2 versions) for 30 years.

I doubt either the F6B or Valkyrie will be around once the next gen Wing hits the showrooms. But at least these bikes (like the old Valkyries) share mechanical components with the Goldwing, so parts won't be a problem for years to come.

I like mine as much as any motorcycle I've ever owned. I liked it better than the K1600 I rode. To me the F6B looked better, was more comfortable, and even if the BMW had much better top end power, the F6B felt slightly better in the low and mid ranges. I also tested a Rocket III. It was fast and handled better than I expected, but didn't have the refinement of the Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Here is a question for the prognosticators in the group. Will the Gold Wing F6b still be in production in 2018 and will it have the front suspension that Honda applied for? I am thinking if the suspension is changed it will come with substantial price increase.
    Apparently the F6B is no longer in production for 2017. The Honda site was updated today. Same old Goldwing (except no air bagger), and NO F6B.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    Apparently the F6B is no longer in production for 2017. The Honda site was updated today. Same old Goldwing (except no air bagger), and NO F6B.
    And as far as the topic of this thread, if there is no 2017 I highly doubt there will be a 2018. This is probably it unless they do the removable trunk thing with the next design like Jimmy mentioned.

When they discontinued my beloved Valkyries in the early 2000's I was bummed a bit, but then I realized I had mine, and it would last as long as I wanted it too. Plus over the years you will still find low mileage examples if you have to replace it. Heck the dealers will most likely have existing stock thru all of 2017 anyway.
    Just because they stop making them doesn't make them any less desirable to the true aficionados. Regardless of if they are still in production or not you still own a damn fine motorcycle.
    Lake City Honda
    Warsaw, IN

One of the great things about this bike is the fact it is a Gold Wing. So unlike the Valkyries, which were unique, much of what vendors offer for the Gold Wings will also apply to our F6Bs. The deal with the Valkyries has been although they last and last, much of the aftermarket support has disappeared leaving many a "wish" items as unobtanium. That being said, the VRCC is still a pretty strong group. This site can still be relevant and maybe even morph a little if needed in the future perhaps.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Some of you don't care for the Honda Rune and I can respect that.

Some of us see it as a piece of ART on wheels, the machine in my opinion has always been beautiful. It has been an awesome motorcycle and it is the only motorcycle that I have a framed poster of in my office.

The Rune was produced for 2004 and 2005 (sold for $26,000 - $28,000 back then, that was ALOT of money in 2004, full Goldwings and a few Harleys were much less). It was too expensive for many, hence the sales being less then what Honda wanted.

Honda unloaded their warehouses in late 2007 and early 2008 and these NEW Runes were sold for $15,000 - $16,000.

The Rune on-line community peaked in 2011 and by mid 2012 it started to disappear, today it is virtually non existent and many Runes have been exported out of the USA. Today a nice used Rune (pending on miles and model) sells for $17,000 - $21,000.

I see the F6B community lasting for several years after the last F6B is sold. It is a GoldWing and no matter what you think, F6B specific parts will be available for 10 years after the last model year (that is a requirement from our Federal Government of manufacturers).

Just like the Valkyrie community, we will always have our diehards.

Unfortunately, I predict that Honda will slash prices on its F6B inventory when it decides to empty its warehouses in 2-3 years (Just like the Rune).

This is a great machine and once others discover it, you will see continued interest in it.

Let's just ride the heck out of it

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I have a "gut feeling" that the F6B will go the way of the old Valkyrie and disappear into the sunset...Sales were lousy by most reports and I doubt Ma Honda will keep a slow selling bike in the future line up.....Most dealers are "giving" them away for ridiculous prices just to move them off the floor.....JMHO
    Well that will sucks... especially when it comes to buying extras for the bike...As much as I love this bike, if I knew it was going to be discontinued, I would have gone with the victory...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing_67 View Post
    Well that will sucks... especially when it comes to buying extras for the bike...As much as I love this bike, if I knew it was going to be discontinued, I would have gone with the victory...
    You can take comfort that these bikes are Gold Wings, and therefore there is quite a lot of aftermarket support and will be for many years.Most of what applies to a regular fully dressed Gold Wing is applicable to our F6Bs.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"