2016 Rally After Action comments
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Rally After Action comments

2016 Rally After Action comments

Riders,
    Please use this thread to let me know what you liked, didn't like, and any/all suggestions or improvements.

Examples:
    I really liked the close proximity of the hotel to the riding roads - let's make sure that happens for the next rally.
    I think having a bike rally in a "dry" county was silly, but I also realized that I woke up every day ready to ride, so that wasn't actually too bad.

Thanks in advance.
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I really can't think of much. The dry county thing wasn't a big deal since the wife brought the SUV to fetch the beer on the first day. We were close to the good roads ,as you mentioned. We had decent rooms. Nice having the immeditate access to the outside too, as opposed to having to walk through internal hallways to get to your room.

I was surprised by the amount of good roads to explore. Didn't really know what to expect as I had never been to AR. Great time was had by all I think. About the only thing that would have made it nicer was 10 - 15 degrees cooler or more. We can't control that however. At least it was sunny and dry.

I know this may come in a latter thread, but I am voting on either Franklin again or maybe even KY next year. There are a lot of options here and some nice roads to explore. Not just saying because it's close, but if KY, thinking of Bardstown. Just throwing it out there. If anyone here has done the Bourban Trail, there are some excellent roads getting to and from.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Please save your thoughts for next year!

I want to get this year sorted, lessons learned, etc so we can apply them to next year's location!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I want to get this year sorted, lessons learned, etc so we can apply them to next year's location!
    Not really much to complain about then.

First Thanks for the open arms Welcome , as this was my first
    Second I like the Location , saw no issues with it it would be nice If all the rooms had been together in one area or one side
    Third hell i do not see a third lets do it again and Kentucky sound good to me
    Battoo

Well it's hard to complain about anything for this event. The next location should just mirror this one.

You had easy access to event HQ if you were staying at hotel. You had instant access to the Interstate system. You had instant access to 3 filling stations. You had instant access to several food places. The host hotel had a very decent food service for breakfast that opened at 5. The dry county issue was easily overcome.

My comment will be about making sure we leave as small a trash and occupation footprint for the locals to complain about. I kinda felt right at home with the half full (optimist) water bottles left for dead. Someone came behind you to place them in the refuse can. Same with the aluminum can products. You know, some would consider it abuse. Lastly, a half empty (pessimist) high quality H2O bottle will hold many a cigarette butt. Just be aware that somebody is probably going to come behind you and clean up. That's my soapbox for the day. We did a great job of leaving that small footprint behind, but there's always room for improvement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Being an introvert and avoiding rally's for 40+ years I was pleasantly surprised.

Pluses - A person could go to all the events or none. There was no pressure to do or not do anything.
    There were plenty of roads to choose from. Never followed the same route on any day we were there.
    It was nice having members from the area helping with rides and knowing the lay of the land.
    And all the stuff others have said about access, restaurants, and amenities.
    Russellville Honda was a great asset.
    The moderators who took the lead of the event were all great.

Negatives - Would have liked to see the agenda with times posted the first day. It did get me to talk to Steve and ask about the next morning's timing so maybe not all bad.

A plus and Minus - The Fayetteville rally. It was nice to go to but all the Harley's kinda ruined the riding on the last day.

Sad that Steve had to stay behind the first day to greet others as they came and then have his bike in for maintenance and the air filter R&R demo. Then to top it off with getting a bum loaner that last day. Next year if I can make it I would be happy to stay behind and greet the later arrivals. No one should have to give up that much time when they should be riding. There are plenty of us to lend a hand. We'll see what happens for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by beppok View Post

Being an introvert

Next year if I can make it I would be happy to stay behind and greet the later arrivals..

Those two items would seem to be in conflict.

The only problem I see....is it wasn't in Colorado
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Great location, but Franklin also is. If we go to Russelville again, I would hope it would be on a different weekend, rather than the BBB festival weekend. There were WAY TOO MANY SLOW Harleys, put-putting on the good roads on Friday, and even some on Thursday. Yes, they do have the same road rights as we do, but the majority of them were there for the BBB fest. Otherwise, a great Rally. Wishing for another!