Do you find it to more difficult to get the Bee on her center stand. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you find it to more difficult to get the Bee on her center stand.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    A nice lil helper.

Just some advice from some of us that have had oily or wet soles and had the foot slip off the center stand strut. Put some skateboard tape or other rough material on any surface you are going to stand on to prop the bike on her center stand. I almost put mine into some gas pumps on a rainy day at the gas pumps. Good luck.
    I have done just that when you had mentioned it long ago. It really helps in keeping your foot firmly planted on the center stand lift pedal. Lowe's has a roll of anti-skid tape in the hardware/signage section; cheap and easy to cut out and stick onto the center stand.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver View Post
    Cut a 1 inch board that will fit in the bottom of your saddle bag, put it behind the rear wheel and roll the bike back onto it, raises the bike just enough to make it easy.

+1 Works like a charm. I've been doing this for a couple of years and it makes things easy for an old guy.

grip tape on foot pad and put nearly all your weight on it when lifting bike. your other foot just needs enough wait on it to keep your balance. cueman

Facing foreward on the left side, I grab the left handgrip with my left hand, the passenger grab rail with my right hand and get the bike off the kickstand and upright. Then with my right foot I push on the center stand pad until it hits the ground and steadies the bike in the upright position. From there, it's just a matter of continuing to push downward with the right leg and pulling slightly up and backwards on the passenger grabrail. It worked with my Valkyries and works equally well with the B.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Thanks for all the good advice. I'm 5' 6 and it is a little difficult to accomplish. Any other tips would be appreciated.
    I am 5 ft 6in and 142. I find it pretty easy to.I will admit I look for the right place to raise it.
    When I travel I carry a small piece of 2x to go under tire.
    In garage it is a snap.
    It is all in how you step down and pull.

It's a lot easier than my 76 wing
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

I've not really found it difficult in the least to get it onto the centre stand. Certainly no more difficult than any other larger cycle I have owned.

The day I took delivery and rode it home, I put it up out in my driveway. I had heard all the stories and had seen all the online chatter about how tough it was to do. When I did it, it went up so easily that I thought maybe all the complaining I had seen was a practical joke.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Facing foreward on the left side, I grab the left handgrip with my left hand, the passenger grab rail with my right hand and get the bike off the kickstand and upright. Then with my right foot I push on the center stand pad until it hits the ground and steadies the bike in the upright position. From there, it's just a matter of continuing to push downward with the right leg and pulling slightly up and backwards on the passenger grabrail. It worked with my Valkyries and works equally well with the B.
    This is the position I use to lift the bike. The board will certainly make it easier. Thanks for all the input. Oh I always make sure it is in neutral.

I believe that the higher your rear shock setting is, the easier it is to get the bike on the center stand. On my Valk, I had shorter rear shocks and it was a bi!ch to get on its center stand.

Also, once you have the center stand partly down with your foot on it, make sure that the bike is setting on both center stand pads. If you are leaning on one pad (like the one towards the side stand), it will be a lot harder to get the bike up.
    Albuquerque, NM

1" thick x 4" x 4" pc of wood,,FRONT tire

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I believe that the higher your rear shock setting is, the easier it is to get the bike on the center stand. On my Valk, I had shorter rear shocks and it was a bi!ch to get on its center stand.

Also, once you have the center stand partly down with your foot on it, make sure that the bike is setting on both center stand pads. If you are leaning on one pad (like the one towards the side stand), it will be a lot harder to get the bike up.
    I find-it easier to just throw down a little 1" x 4" x 4" block of wood in front of the bike, and roll-Up onto-It,,I Keep-it in the front CuBBy,,
    It is JUST-Enough to help get the bike onto the C.Stand,,KennyU