Finished installing the Helibars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finished installing the Helibars

Finished installing the Helibars

I can't believe the difference these bars make. If you have a shorter reach these bars take all the tension out of riding the Bee/Wing all day. I know that they are costly but they are priceless if you need them. I'm not getting any kick back from Helibars just a happy customer. Next step in making the Bee mine is the installing of the Bike Big drivers backrest into my Mustang seat. This pic does not show the bars but will add a pic of them later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You said that you were going to put a "big bike drivers back rest" on your mustang seat. I also have a mustang seat and need more back support. Can you give me more info on this back rest. I tried to search it with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
    You said that you were going to put a "big bike drivers back rest" on your mustang seat. I also have a mustang seat and need more back support. Can you give me more info on this back rest. I tried to search it with no luck.
    Search "Mustang Seat, Utopia Rider Backrest Conversion". I'm using the Big Bike backrest because I have it on hand and I think it looks better. I will take pictures of my install and post them after I complete the task.

I've such a short arm length that even helibars didn't help me. Decided to put other risers along with helibars but then totaled my bike before that happened.

How was the install of the Helibars. I assume you installed them yourself. How difficult is it, and how long did it take you?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    How was the install of the Helibars. I assume you installed them yourself. How difficult is it, and how long did it take you?
    If you have the slightest amount of mechanical aptitude, should be no issue. Pretty straight forward with good directions.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I did and this was my second time. I had these bars on my 03 Wing. As Jimmy said it isn't that difficult of a job and the instructions that come with the Helibars are very good. The part I hate the most is having to bleed the front brakes and clutch after install. However, Helibars provides you with two bleed valves that make it a lot easier. Just hook up a Mityvac hand vacuum and suck the air out, remembering to keep your reservoir full. Brake fluid will remove your paint so make sure you cover things up good while bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    I've such a short arm length that even helibars didn't help me. Decided to put other risers along with helibars but then totaled my bike before that happened.
    Hate that you crashed your bike. Hope you were ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    The part I hate the most is having to bleed the front brakes and clutch after install. However, Helibars provides you with two bleed valves that make it a lot easier. Just hook up a Mityvac hand vacuum and suck the air out, remembering to keep your reservoir full. Brake fluid will remove your paint so make sure you cover things up good while bleeding.
    I didn't have to use a vacuum brake bleeder when I did mine.Just followed the instructions and it was easy . I have a Mityvac,but didn't need to do that
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I didn't have to use a vacuum brake bleeder when I did mine.Just followed the instructions and it was easy . I have a Mityvac,but didn't need to do that
    Gotten use to using the mityvac. Thanks for clarifying that Jimmy.