New BMW Bagger
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New BMW Bagger

2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

THAT almost resembles an F6B.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Circle-5
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    THAT almost resembles an F6B.
    It sure does, just as the F6B is being discontinued. I'm glad I got my F6B, because I doubt this K1600B will be nearly as affordable, especially now that BMW will have no competition from Honda. On the plus side, there's 160hp + ABS + reverse (BMW designers must have been reading this forum). On the minus side, there's that BMW aesthetic, with its front-end beak from a transformers movie. Looking at the K-1600B side-view, I definitely prefer the F6B's organic and integrated appearance.

Attachment 24034Attachment 24035

I went to the Beemer dealer last week to look at the 1600. Gorgeous machine and such better electronics and user inputs. This is a nice bike, but the price tag will be higher than giraffe ass. Would like to see the pipes dropped a few inches and the bags made bigger for more luggage. Not gonna get much overnight gear in those two puny bags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Very Interesting.......

Attachment 24036

This will definitely generate spin off interest in the Honda F6B, discontinued or otherwise. The other point is we have to wait and see how it holds up in real world usage. They could sh*t the bed on version 1.0

I do like the looks and hope it is successful.

Side note - I am puzzled that BMW has not yet tried to market a horizontally opposed 4 or 6 banger.

Hummmm......I don't think I can make it fit me as comfortable as my F6B does...nor do I want to!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Not quite a Concept 101

It's not quite the Concept 101.
    No walnut trim.
    No rich corinthian leather.
    Think I'll stick with my F6B.

Attachment 24039

That's a very nice looking bike. I'd like to see it IRL. It'll be interesting to watch for the reviews and rider impressions... and also watch for the accessories that it generates. Once upon a time I considered its older cousin, the K1200LT... but that bike had ergos that I couldn't overcome. And the price was a bit much anyway. Now that I'm "more mature" I could probably swing a deal on this machine... though not sure I'd want to. It would be fun to have another bike in the stable, but you'd be very hard pressed to pull me away from my F6B. There's a sh*t ton of miles left in mine!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Expensive but I'm sure it is a rocket ship though.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    I'm glad I got my F6B, because I doubt this K1600B will be nearly as affordable, especially now that BMW will have no competition from Honda.
    From Motorcycle.com:

Developed for the U.S. market, and available midway through 2017, BMW’s K1600B made its official debut today at the Peterson Museum in Los Angeles. The new bagger model is based on the Concept 101 Bagger we reported on in May 2015. Expect the base price to be around $20k, while a fully loaded unit will retail around $25k.

My opinion:

Price is as expected, just depends on what is considered a base model. I also doubt that BMW dealers will be willing to discount their bagger as much as Honda dealers discounted theirs. My 2013 F6B had list price of a buck less than 20 grand but they offered me a new one for $17,250 out the door price, which I took.

I do like it. I will definitely do a test ride when I can. I am also curious if there will be a new Wing released next year. If I like the new Wing and it has a removable trunk than I might be a buyer. In the meantime I will continue to enjoy and improve on my F6B.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden