New BMW Bagger

Thread: New BMW Bagger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have had my share of Beemers and have had excellent results from performance, reliability and style. As long as I was living close to a BMW dealer or Beemer mechanic I had no problem with staying with the brand. Once those thing were no longer an option I immediately switched to the "6". Although I am a relative newcomer to the Honda brand and have been pleased so far. I like the idea of having a multitude of options for repair if necessary.
    Regards,
    Sober Biker

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
    It is the illusion of knowledge."
    ~ Stephen Hawking

2016 Goldwing F6B - Yet to be named
    2013 Goldwing F6B - "Bat Bike" Traded
    2008 BMW K1200LT - "Da Couch"

BMW Service

I've ridden a Harley for the past 20 years and have only just switched to a "Metric" bike, the F6B,which ironically I bought at a BMW dealership. I've put over a 100,000 miles on my Harley(s) in those years and never had difficulty finding a Harley dealer when needed. One of my riding mates has had both Hondas and BMW's. He carries a travel book of other BMW riders that have tools and some experience with repairs in case of trouble while on tour due to the dirth of Motorad stores across North America. We've been fortunate to not ever need a BMW repair while touring other than tires. Same goes for the Honda. I live in a large city with more than one BMW Motorad store so the B would be an option for me. However there are many Honda Powersports stores across all of North America. This helps with confidence when planning a trip, you're not too worried about needing service on the road as you're like to come across one within a hundred miles or so.Attachment 24800Attachment 24801