Quote Originally Posted by Bigcityd View Post
I did a quick online search for bagger style bikes. Harley is the king of the market place followed by our F6B's. I own both of these brands. There are two new players in this market, BMW and Moto GUZZI along with the other large Japanese bike manufacturers. The UK has the Triumph Rocket Touring. The other North American bike manufacturer, Victory also has their Cross Country. By my count that is 9 motorcycle manufacturers building a bagger. The market cannot be large enough to support this style of bike from so many builders. A friend who works for Honda told me that they were considering dropping our bike from their line up in 2017 due to slow sales. This did not happen and the 2017 is now listed for sale in Canada. Lets face it you can still find the odd new 2013 F6B out there. Is there about to be a boom in bagger sales that we don't know about?
I agree, the bagger market seems kind of saturated. But so does the 'adventure bike' market, and manufacturers aren't abandoning that space. Some of those baggers, like the Guzzi and Rocket III Touring, are rare enough to make the F6B look like a hot seller!

It's great that we have such a wide selection to choose from. I keep worrying that with the advanced age of many buyers of these bikes, sales might start dropping and manufacturers will cut back on their product lines. Luckily that isn't happening.