New BMW Bagger - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New BMW Bagger

The Beemer is pretty sharp but I'd have to know about cost of ownership. Not much maintenance on the F6B and I plan to do most of it myself.
    I have zero interest in the Guzzi; I prefer to keep full frontal coverage, not just a batwing.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Circle-5
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    They had the K1600GT, so they trimmed it, fully integrate the bags and put a "B" at the end.
    That is accurate. Cosmetic changes aside, the K1600GT and the K1600B are generally identical. Both share the same drivetrain with 3 riding modes, Dynamic Traction Control and electronic suspension adaptation. Both share the same options (new reverse for 2017, clutchless shifting, etc.) There's a good chance that performance and handling will be the same.

Interestingly, the K1600B is noticeably shorter than the F6B (by ~12inches), which means smaller bags and no luggage rack (unless it overhangs entirely). The F6B also has a longer wheelbase – long and low, like the old Cadillac Fleetwood.

The GT and the B are at the same scale in the attached photo.

Attachment 24054

Should be a fast bike with all the electronics and I'm sure an awesome suspension. Too much for my blood though, but that would be a tough call if I had it to spend!
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Seems like Honda has to take this segment seriously now and introduce new option soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Have you seen the Moto Guzzi Flying Fortress ????

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread...orcycle-review

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Something caught my eye.

The letter B is very prominent in the bike's visual design and marketing. I don't know why that bothers me so much, but it almost feels like it's a jab at our beloved B as in "we Germans can build a better bagger". Am I over thinking this?

Circle-5
    Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Am I over thinking this?
    No. That's exactly what BMW is doing. They're not trying to be subtle about it either.

Nice Bike

That's a nice looking bike. I like it better than the original Concept 101 with the fake wood inserts. I also like it better than the K1600 GT or GTL.

It will be interesting to see how it sells, and how BMW markets it. Maybe Honda can learn something.

Won't know until I see it in person-- but I think the manufacturers of Helibars, Russell seats, and decent windshields should start thinking ahead. I don't think it would take much to make one of these the next dream bike for F6B owners who want a new bike.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Something caught my eye.

The letter B is very prominent in the bike's visual design and marketing. I don't know why that bothers me so much, but it almost feels like it's a jab at our beloved B as in "we Germans can build a better bagger". Am I over thinking this?
    BMW bikes are expensive to repair. No thanks.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537