New BMW Bagger - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New BMW Bagger

I owned a K1200GT second generation and loved everything about it except for the cost for maintenance and the sparce dealer network. At one of the scheduled service the bike needed a ball joint and the part had to be shipped from Germany, taking 3 days to arrive and it wasn't the right one...so I had to wait another 3 days for the right part to arrive. I considered the K1600GT before buying my F6B but I just couldn't imagine being stranded hours from the closest BMW dealer and having to wait days for parts to be delivered.That new BMW bagger looks great though.

I really like the look and features of the BMW. I wonder what it weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Somewhere between 680-750lbs +/- is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    323kg what would be about 712lbs.

BMW build this Bagger mainly for the US-Market. In Germany or Europe we normally don't drive much of those big baggers (different streets). Here they are more into the big touring enduros like a BMW GS1200, a KTM 1290 or Honda Africa Twin (which has a big fan base).
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Self Balancing BMW Concept

Yet another new bike creation by BMW! Talk about "thinking out of the box" This newest marvel sets a tone unseen in the "Two Wheel Industry"

Attachment 24064

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/aa3da44...rcycle-so.html

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Yet another new bike creation by BMW! Talk about "thinking out of the box" This newest marvel sets a tone unseen in the "Two Wheel Industry"

Attachment 24064

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/aa3da44...rcycle-so.html
    That is cool

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Riding the K1600

Before I bought my F6B, I got to test ride a K1600GTL for about 50 miles. BMW of Denver is one of the few dealers I've known that actually encourages you to take a real test ride. Many years ago I tested an R100GS there, and when I asked the salesman where I should ride it, he said he didn't care, I should just make sure I had it back by closing time!

Every review I've read says the K1600 is an awesome motorcycle, and I have to agree. It is a VERY nice ride. The comfort and handling are great. The electric windshield gives you perfect protection in any weather. The engine feels a lot like the GL1800, silky smooth with a broad power band. That is, until you pass about 4,000 RPM, when the Beemer makes way more power. I didn't fiddle with the electronic gadgets much as I wanted to concentrate on riding. My only complaint was some noticeable slop in the driveline.

I seriously considered the BMW, but ended up buying the F6B. To me the Honda looked better, and fit me slightly better. The $10K price difference didn't hurt, either. But I think the biggest deal breaker was reliability and maintenance. I met a guy who had to have his water pump replaced multiple times. I read about problems with the complicated electronics. A friend bought one, and he discovered that just to change the oil, you need to remove a secondary drain plug INSIDE the oil pan!

I'm sure by now BMW has worked out the reliability bugs in the platform, so this new 1600 B might be on my list the next time I'm shopping. One thing is for sure: Harley's new Milwaukee 8 could give the F6B a good run, but it will only see those cool looking taillights on the new BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    None of this is making me want to switch bikes. I love what I ride.
    Switch? no way for me either. I'm just saying it will be fast. 160hp in the low 700lb range. Gotta be quick.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    One thing is for sure: Harley's new Milwaukee 8 could give the F6B a good run, but it will only see those cool looking taillights on the new BMW.
    Maybe the CVO Milwaukee 8, but the torque/horsepower figures I've seen for the 107, I think we'll be alright on the B.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

The BMW K1600 "B" has impressive performance specs and I think it looks great too. There is no contest between K1600 and any CVO Harley. The K1600 will make ANY Harley look like its going backwards on the highway.

Sorry to hear Honda discontinued the F6B. I'm enjoying my F6B and plan to keep it. Sold my Harley a couple weeks ago. Not sorry at all. Actually, I was happy after seeing the latest HD public stock downgrade.